• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Definitely better than last week ! Glade runner did not look good, but you can see where other tracks lead, lots of cuts between the main slopes, and some others up high. The real issue for me is the snow was no better than on the slope, usually I want to find untracked when I go a forresting. But that was last week.

I wish TM had a half ticket, but not like the ones a Wisp which are only 10 bucks off list price, which is the same as the TM multi-day discount.
So, you can buy a multi-day 3 or more at TM. Which is $70 a ticket, then ski for 4 hours and tell the ticket window you are finished for the day and they will credit you $10 toward another ticket or food/beverage. That's a $60 "half day" lift ticket. Can you find one better?

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Since TM has no half day or a reasonably priced midweek ticket, WG or CVR is a much better option for midweek skiing.

List price may be a bit pricey, but there are options. $10 credit if less than 4 hours, $15 credit for mid-week. Don't know if both can be had for the same day. Yeah, Mountain credit isn't the same as cash-in-hand, but at least covers some food/drink or the can go toward the next ticket.

Being 60+ yrs old, with the mid-week credit, it should be quite reasonable for me.

EARLY RETURN BONUS:
Don’t have all day? Ski or ride 4 hours or less and receive a $10 credit to your Timberline Mountain Debit Card*. Tickets must be validated at a ticket window within 4 hours of first scan at the lift to be eligible.

MID-WEEK BONUS:
Hit the lifts during the week Monday – Thursday (non-holiday), and automatically receive a $15 credit to your Timberline Mountain Debit Card*.

Timberline Mountain Debit Cards can be used throughout Timberline Mountain for food & beverage, merchandise, rental, lessons, or applied to a future lift ticket.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
"Can you find one better? " is not the same as "do I want it" :)
however, i don't begrudge them, i was happy to fork it over, i want this place to succeed.

Matt G

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
How long have the lift lines been on the weekends? I've never been before but I've enjoyed reading about the comeback of the mountain. I'm debating between trying to come up for a weekend with my 3 kids (7, 9,11), vs skipping a day of school and just doing a day to Wintergreen. In past years we've experienced the 30 min waits for the Ballhooter lift on a weekend, and I'd probably stay away from Timberline if the weekend lines have been consistently long. Thanks.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
The wait on MLK day was never longer than 5 minutes or so. I would guess that in general the lines would be longer on Saturdays.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
How long have the lift lines been on the weekends? I've never been before but I've enjoyed reading about the comeback of the mountain. I'm debating between trying to come up for a weekend with my 3 kids (7, 9,11), vs skipping a day of school and just doing a day to Wintergreen. In past years we've experienced the 30 min waits for the Ballhooter lift on a weekend, and I'd probably stay away from Timberline if the weekend lines have been consistently long. Thanks.
Worst I've experienced is 20 minutes on a weekend. Usual on weekend is 10 minutes. Weekdays there's no wait

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Finally got over to TM today... it was a great one. I really wish it was closer to where I lived! Posted some pics in the Mid-A thread here:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Open Snow is bullish on it. But major hurt possible Sunday nite to Tues. The streak had to end ...
Yeah, but the temps are borderline... so we can hope it stays 3 degrees colder and turns in snow/mix, rather than just rain!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
But most likely scenario looking bad.
debbie-downer-icegif.gif

:ogbiggrin:

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
1st batch Sunday looks to be wintry but the major push from the south on the 2nd batch looks wet..maybe the far eastern edge if the Dolly Sods could stay frozeny..not the pleasant kind......
....Thur Storm is a little far off but its still on the books..just watching the shifts in track and how fast it rolls out to the fishys....

Sponsor