• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
According to the website, the only run not open yet is "Good Intentions" under the quad.
I skied it yesterday. It wasn't marked or roped off as closed. They haven't blown it and it will need more natural to be open for long.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've noticed that new Timberline grooms each night and again in the morning. I don't think old Timberline did this. Is this normal? The surface has been incredible this year. Combination of temps and great grooming?

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've noticed that new Timberline grooms each night and again in the morning. I don't think old Timberline did this. Is this normal? The surface has been incredible this year. Combination of temps and great grooming?

The old T~Line groomed when they had staff.From what I was told years ago, Amos preferred to groom at night, but had trouble finding staff. So, often groomed in early AM.

Grooming twice a day is an invitation for disaster. Works when cold - and getting some new snow most days, but you are compressing the base too much.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have noticed that they don't groom twice when it's warm. Im assuming a compressed base make things icy?
The old T~Line groomed when they had staff.From what I was told years ago, Amos preferred to groom at night, but had trouble finding staff. So, often groomed in early AM.

Grooming twice a day is an invitation for disaster. Works when cold - and getting some new snow most days, but you are compressing the base too much.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
The terrain park features with Perfect North markings are sitting next to the metal shed. They have a nice base and were blowing some whales last weekend along with the wide area where the old terrain park was. I have to believe it will open as a terrain park soon but have no real info.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Has anyone here won any of the giveaways?...im a natural winner but have not recieved my call yet..

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
The terrain park features with Perfect North markings are sitting next to the metal shed. They have a nice base and were blowing some whales last weekend along with the wide area where the old terrain park was. I have to believe it will open as a terrain park soon but have no real info.
I saw that as well. Hope they get that built for the terrain park group

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Oh... I thought you guys were talking about something Timberline specific. :)
Soooo..whats the real scoop on these skitalk ski equipment drawings?????...if I make 1 slight improper comment Tricia-Philpug and crew are right there on top of it..sooo..wuzz up?..you must be observing...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Soooo..whats the real scoop on these SkiTalk ski equipment drawings?????...if I make 1 slight improper comment Tricia-Philpug and crew are right there on top of it..sooo..wuzz up?..you must be observing...
The drawings are just that... random draws from all the entries. The winners have mostly been announced on (or even appeared on) the SkiTalk with Dan Egan show. (You can find them all here: https://www.SkiTalk.com/threads/watch-past-episodes-of-SkiTalk-with-dan-egan.21126/ , or with a search on YouTube, or on Facebook.)

Sponsor

Staff online