• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Right now the Weather Channel has a higher chance for rain
View attachment 126525

but it looks like Accuweather has added a chance for rain as well.

View attachment 126526

I've been looking forward to the trip but if its going to rain all weekend I'll probably sacrifice the $100 deposit and save the 12 hours of driving.
Its still a long way out for accuracy..GFS model doesn't have the snow too far off north of the Valley...it could change for the better..maybe..hopefully..nada..pray..snow ball chance in hell..hey..keep hope alive!!!!..ya just never quite know at this point....

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ok, so I’ve decided to go weather be damned because I just need to escape reality for a while. Are there any restaurants in the surrounding area that are noteworthy? I’m on “vacation” so cooking in the condo isn’t an option.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Ok, so I’ve decided to go weather be damned because I just need to escape reality for a while. Are there any restaurants in the surrounding area that are noteworthy? I’m on “vacation” so cooking in the condo isn’t an option.

Hellbender's burrittos is closed, right?

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
In the Valley:
Sirianni's
CV BBQ
White Grass Cafe
Big John's (kid friendly)

If you're passing thru Thomas, Farm Up Table has some really good food.

And yes HB's is still closed.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Don't understand why the Hickory room at CVR doesn't get more play..excellent food in an excellent setting with excellent views of the Ice skating rink..pool....wildlife and the mountains in 180 degree panorama.....

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Don't understand why the Hickory room at CVR doesn't get more play..excellent food in an excellent setting with excellent views of the Ice skating rink..pool....wildlife and the mountains in 180 degree panorama.....
Is the dress casual there because the menu looks great?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Holy cow! This place is going to be the death of me. I’m going to ski more vertical feet this weekend than I have all season at Perfect North slopes. Oh yeah my son is having an absolute ball and loves Off the Wall. View attachment 127625 View attachment 127626
If that skiing took place today, 3/12/21, it must have been one heck of a beautiful spring ski day?!?
I drove from IN to VA today via I70 and I68 and it kept getting hotter as I climbed through the mtns. It was close to 70 degs when I went over Keysers Ridge, MD, elev 2880' at I68 and Rt 219, that's well north of Canaan Valley.

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
Agree, 100%!! Last few years midweek stays in March have seen the dinning room closed. First trip this year, maybe new manager has a different philosophy

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
If that skiing took place today, 3/12/21, it must have been one heck of a beautiful spring ski day?!?
I drove from IN to VA today via I70 and I68 and it kept getting hotter as I climbed through the mtns. It was close to 70 degs when I went over Keysers Ridge, MD, elev 2880' at I68 and Rt 219, that's well north of Canaan Valley.
It was rainy most of the morning and foggy. The clouds magically burned off around 1:30 and it was spectacular. I think it hit about 50 degrees.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
The surface is great this morning and no lines. Get out there before it gets to soft and heavy this afternoon.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid