• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well maybe you know this, and are asking for more info, but the website says:

"Operational status from March 23rd and beyond is yet to be determined. We appreciate your patience as we monitor the weather and its impact on our terrain. Our team of groomers will be working hard to maintain our snow base, keeping this phenomenal season going as long as possible!"

Even with the miserable forecast for this week, they should have enough snow on the blacks and most of Sally to open them. Whether it makes business sense to open is prolly the biggest factor...

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Did they need to groom out OTW to keep the base up, or is it still bumped up?

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There seemed to be an absurd amount of snow on OTW when we left last weekend.

It has good snowmaking and it is in a sheltered, north-facing direction - helps a lot with snow preservation.

In general, The Drop is a better spring bump run since it gets more sun, allowing for softer conditions a greater part of the day. But, TM made no where near as much snow on The Drop as OTW. Hopefully, they expand snowmaking on The Drop next year. I think it was the last trail to open this year.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Supposedly decided today. They are open today.

Ran across a few people you know yesterday on the deck. :ogbiggrin:
That's what I heard, they know better now. :ogbiggrin:
Another one of my peeps was there on Saturday for the rail jam. I hope TM reopens next weekend so I can get some of my other peeps out there.
How was OTW yesterday after it softened up?

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Really hoping to get out there next Saturday if they are open. If they are not open may have to hit snowshoe for the first time this year.

SCWVA

Skier
Looks like they'll be open on Saturday. I should be there to close out the season.

Wonder if Jimmy is booked for this weekend? It took several months to get my last appointment with Jimmy, but when I finally did get to meet with him it included a visit with Dr. Bighair.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Rain fcasted for next sunday nixed the whole weekend thing...march 27 is good...good 1st season!!!

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wonder if Jimmy is booked for this weekend? It took several months to get my last appointment with Jimmy, but when I finally did get to meet with him it included a visit with Dr. Bighair.

I’ll put you on the waiting list. :ogcool:

Remember, gifts are are appreciated. :coffee:

Last edited:

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably harvesting the snow to keep Sally open.
I turned my coat in yesterday so no booking required ogsmile
Yesterday (Monday) was best day evar

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Interesting - I would assume the most of the people who will be at TL on Saturday would rather ski bumps on OTW than ski Sally.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Well, looks like life is going to get in the way of a Saturday trip to TL. Still considering Snowshoe for Sunday depending on the forecast.

SCWVA

Skier
Interesting - I would assume the most of the people who will be at TL on Saturday would rather ski bumps on OTW than ski Sally.
Yep, as long as this stays parked, OTW will be safe.

IMG_20210325_171759626.jpg

IMG_20210325_171624454.jpg

Sponsor