• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Canaan just got thier 1st skiff to half inch of snow this month...that is the worst march ever!!...next snow is on April 1st so thats it for march..crazy...odds are good for next march...actually id bet on an above average year..Canaan is due....
....somebody will earn some turns on April Cools day and a couple of days after..TM could/should open this coming Sat for marketing points..it was 25 and colder this morn...add the coming cold and snow and it would look good on their resume....

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
I know in years past some people have hiked up to earn some turns after the lifts stopped spinning. Not sure how the current owners would feel about that.

Skimunky

Booting up
Skier
As this year's ski season winds down, I just wanted to post quickly to share my happiness regarding the resurrection (no blasphemy intended) of our beloved Timberline. The turnaround has been nothing less than a dream come true. And all of that during a season where the valley actually received below average snowfall totals, as Mr. Fish rightly points out upthread somewhere.

This thread moreover has been a real treat. I knew how strongly I was emotionally invested in Timberline and skiing the valley, but I wouldn't have guessed that others feeling similarly might generate such a prolific number of posts.

So thanks everyone, and here is to many more years of magic at TM.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
As this year's ski season winds down, I just wanted to post quickly to share my happiness regarding the resurrection (no blasphemy intended) of our beloved Timberline. The turnaround has been nothing less than a dream come true. And all of that during a season where the valley actually received below average snowfall totals, as Mr. Fish rightly points out upthread somewhere.

This thread moreover has been a real treat. I knew how strongly I was emotionally invested in Timberline and skiing the valley, but I wouldn't have guessed that others feeling similarly might generate such a prolific number of posts.

Well said. One of my disappointments in this crazy season is that I didn't get out to ski the new TM. But it sure was nice to watch it make a comeback from afar. The valley community ought to throw some kind of owner appreciation party for the Perfects.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Been watching for that April sun to energize these NW flow clouds into some Squalls...dumping pretty hard per the CVR cam...fun to watch..somebody is hiking up there right now thinking they are up in the Alpps..they are!!

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Here ia a pic from the WG site..love it..its different in a way...5 inches early April..im thinking more to come in mid april but in the words of an almost leader of ours..."At this point...what does it matter anyway??"...it always matters in canaan..when its COOL!...
knarlywinter4-2-21.jpg

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
I’m not a very big fan of TImberline. I didn’t get to ski this year. I work in Covid and even though I figure it’s safe I couldn’t risk being a hypocrite professionally.
This thread has warmed my heart for the last few years. It’s one of the first thing I check in the morning. Just seeing people excited and energized about skiing in the Midwest is amazing. Thanks to everyone that made this happen.
I’ll probably try to hit TM a few days next year just to share in the awesomeness and excitement.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier

I’m not a very big fan of TImberline. I didn’t get to ski this year. I work in Covid and even though I figure it’s safe I couldn’t risk being a hypocrite professionally.
This thread has warmed my heart for the last few years. It’s one of the first thing I check in the morning. Just seeing people excited and energized about skiing in the Midwest is amazing. Thanks to everyone that made this happen.
I’ll probably try to hit TM a few days next year just to share in the awesomeness and excitement.
Before just a couple of months ago I've never heard of TM. I kind of stumbled across this thread back in January and started reading about TM. When we decided to do a trip 'close' to home- TM was my only suggestion. Boy were we pleasantly surprised with what we found. Like I said in a previous post- this mountain is a little gem. We are planning a long trip out to Utah next year, but I'm trying to convince the wife that we need to hit up TM before we head out west...

I too would like to thank everyone that has been posting in this thread and putting this mountain on my radar- it too was one that I checked first everyday.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
May skiing?

IMG_20210408_184907382[1].jpg

Starting to get to the good stuff

IMG_20210408_184955070[1].jpg

Sun cupped goodness!

IMG_20210408_185058302[1].jpg

IMG_20210408_185227880[1].jpg

Time to head back up.

IMG_20210408_185243310[1].jpg

The run out.

IMG_20210408_185322582[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_185037431[1].jpg
    IMG_20210408_185037431[1].jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
"Here ia a pic from the WG site..love it..its different in a way...5 inches early April.".......IM THINKING MORE TO COME IN MID APRIL .........
View attachment 130153 us_model-en-087-0_modez_2021041112_120_495_323.png
Euro gets overly excited when it gets a whiff of a snow storm and many times backs off a little..dunno...like I posted a good while back Long range was hinting at this......Extreme camping up in the Sods for you die hard Snow thirsties???

Last edited:

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
April 21st..been snowing all day..im on the road but I saw 29 degrees around noon up there...81 here on I 95 in SC...

PS...25 up above 4000' at 145pm...pretty cold for this time of year at peak afternoon....

Last edited:

Sponsor