• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
It's still not spring in the Valley, which means there should be skiing to be had in May.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
My guess is they won't settle for how long it took to get runs open last year and snowmaking will be on the list of upgrades for years to come.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
They got more terrain open faster in 2020-2021 than any season I have skied there since 2001-2002. Sure beats the old regime.
I skied there for the first time this year and love the new regime- good things are happening and I wish them continued success for many years to come.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
These look like quad chairs. Were there also 6 person chairs?
Quad are in front, behind are 6 person. About 30 chairs total between the two lifts.

I do remember a post from last fall about the 6 person, they were not going to load all the chairs this past season. So, I'm guessing that's what we are seeing.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The music never stops.

Sure... but the chairs were all new this past season. So if they need backups, or want to increase capacity a bit, I could see a few more chairs. But that many for both lifts? I don't know what I'm talking about though... maybe that's a normal amount of spare chairs.

Or maybe they're putting another lift in with some new slopes? :D

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
They got more terrain open faster in 2020-2021 than any season I have skied there since 2001-2002. Sure beats the old regime.
I'm sure it is but I am guessing they are aiming to have enough capacity to be 100% by Christmas and I would expect to see a lots more investment in snowmaking over the coming seasons. I just wish it were closer for me.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sure... but the chairs were all new this past season. So if they need backups, or want to increase capacity a bit, I could see a few more chairs. But that many for both lifts? I don't know what I'm talking about though... maybe that's a normal amount of spare chairs.

Or maybe they're putting another lift in with some new slopes? :D
Is it that many? Prob not even 36.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Maybe they're removing chairs for inspection? In PA, ski resorts take down a percentage of chairs for annual inspection. After a few years, all of the chairs have been taken off the haul cable.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Quad are in front, behind are 6 person. About 30 chairs total between the two lifts.

I do remember a post from last fall about the 6 person, they were not going to load all the chairs this past season. So, I'm guessing that's what we are seeing.

Are they brand new or could they have been pulled
Maybe they're removing chairs for inspection? In PA, ski resorts take down a percentage of chairs for annual inspection. After a few years, all of the chairs have been taken off the haul cable.
Word.