• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I wasn't sure what that building was when I was there in March but it definitely looked like it had seen better days. I figured it might have been more likely to be bulldozed than renovated. View attachment 138282
I enjoyed some of those better days with my sons' Boy Scout Troop. 2 nights lodging, 2.5 days/nights skiing, rentals for those who needed them, 5 meals. Not luxury accomodations or gear, but great times for everyone the 7 years I participated.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I enjoyed some of those better days with my sons' Boy Scout Troop. 2 nights lodging, 2.5 days/nights skiing, rentals for those who needed them, 5 meals. Not luxury accomodations or gear, but great times for everyone the 7 years I participated.
I'd love if my son's scout pack took a trip there.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Looks like they are putting footers under the magic carpet. May have been a quick install last year, now they are doing it right.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Looks like they are putting footers under the magic carpet. May have been a quick install last year, now they are doing it right.
Just got back from there..was wondering what they were up to myself..makes sense..nothing else going on it seemed...saw some locals at the Friday night music series up at the Canaan ski "ampatheater"...Chaga n Kwill (dcski) and Chip Chase had some Apple Moonshine!!..woulda warmed up a very cool night but he said he was saving it for the Purple Fiddle later on that night...Canaan is a sweet relief from my coastal Carolina hot soup!!!

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Fish,
The bands at CVR this summer have been great. Nothing like BBQing in the parking lot before hand. Must have just missed you as Chaga and I, and a few others were discussing past tours and Lawson's Finest Liquids.
Sweat shirt weather for sure.

Last edited:

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Fish,
The bands at CVR this summer have been great. Nothing like BBQing in the parking lot before hand. Must have just missed you as Chaga and I, and a few others were discussing past tours and Lawson's Finest Liquids.
Sweat shirt weather for sure.
There was a group in front of us..long time Whitgrassers and just locals in general...I wish I wasn't so brain dead because I have forgotten her name..they lived down 72 somewhere b4 Parsons..they have skied everywhere thru some sort of Org they are with..anyhoot..the lady was passing out bowls of Some kind of Bambi pasta...good folks..good stuff!

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
I was there myself Friday night, spoke with Chip for a while. I was the guy in the VCU hoody. Great place to take a cooler and listen to some music. A heck of a lot better than the DC heat and humidity this time of year. Heading back up next week. I understand Red Hawk is a good band playing the 13th.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tline is serving brunch and running lift rides today if anyone is in the area. Before someone asks, they are not free:)

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Revenge of the Rattlesnake MTB race is this Sunday.

Sponsor

Staff online