• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...they mentioned that pretty much all real estate in the valley has been scooped up...
That's a bit hyperbolic as there are still a bunch of places for sale around the area, including these right near TM per Realtor.com

1603414353258.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You sure you guys weren’t running Timberline?
I’m pretty clear on the photos.
You should come down and ski it this season, and see how much better it's gotten... it's just a 10 hour drive from Okemo, and you could hit Blue or Whitetail on the way. :thumb: :)

James

Out There
Instructor
You should come down and ski it this season, and see how much better it's gotten... it's just a 10 hour drive from Okemo, and you could hit Blue or Whitetail on the way. :thumb: :)
I never saw it before!
Years ago we had a supervisor who came from Timberline. Would love to get down there. We’ll see how things go.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
chairlift looked fast!..quick pivot to weather..
.....The Se ridge we have in place keeps fooling the man made Brains (Wx models)..they have been showing for awhile fronts that look to barrel in with cold and some snow but then they correct and shunt then back north and east and away...suits me just fine..the longer that ridge is in place the odds of it coming back "in season' are less or at least less in duration plus it gives TM more time and weather to work with...eventually we will see the Snow pack up north expanding and that pack is the grease that the cold needs to slide down into us.....living the dream...Modern lifts at TL!!!

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I never saw it before!
Years ago we had a supervisor who came from Timberline. Would love to get down there. We’ll see how things go.

If you're in DC, Balmer, Picksburgh, Richmond for business, no brainer to hit TM WV.

But, snow being equal, I'd much rather be at Plattekill, Bershire East or Magic than any place in WV or PA. Maybe we can execute a Mid Atlantic for New England Covid swap...

James

Out There
Instructor
How late does the season go?
I take it late March you’re looking at dirt?

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Maybe.... Central WV has had big springs in the past, but yeah, usually the closing weekend is mid to late March.

Up until the mid 2010's closing date was pretty reliably the last weekend in March (with the first weekend in April happening at least once in my memory).

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Up until the mid 2010's closing date was pretty reliably the last weekend in March (with the first weekend in April happening at least once in my memory).
Ah... my knowlege of Timberline doesn't go back very far... pretty much 2014 to now.

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
I can’t speak for how late they will keep the mountain open. But I do at Perfect North they close the first or second weekend in March no matter how much snow they have. People for the most part stop showing up. I’ve got to assume it isn’t profitable to spin the lifts at that point.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can’t speak for how late they will keep the mountain open. But I do at Perfect North they close the first or second weekend in March no matter how much snow they have. People for the most part stop showing up. I’ve got to assume it isn’t profitable to spin the lifts at that point.

When does PN typically open?

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As early as possible. Last year I skied on November 15. It’s sounds ridiculous because it was.

Interesting. Early season dollars can be as illusive as late season dollars. I think they will adjust a bit since the WV climate is different. With all the work still going on, I don’t expect Nov 15skiing at TM.

Sponsor

Staff online