• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Planning a trip towards the end of February- 3 days of skiing- should we plan to ski both Timberline and Canaan?

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
My first day at the new timberline. Wow. Maybe the best man made snow I have seen. All open slopes great condition. Thunder was a little crunchy. Lightning had the best snow. Wall groomed flat but great fun. Heaven and dew in super shape. Upper trees somewhat skiable with lots of tracks. And of course ski on every time. Actual modern working lifts. Friendly staff. The whole place just seems so ... competent. I feel like there will be a lot more progress for next year. If you are on the fence then jump on over this place is great.
44C9A723-2B74-45F8-B69F-5A4E8D7A98DF.jpeg

E2E76A78-88D8-4F75-B9C7-1BD5C5D68CB7.jpeg
if you see a this guy say hi.
1EEE281C-DB3C-4B77-AF75-3F68B45E0741.jpeg

Last edited:

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Today at Tline. More goodness. Bluebird. Colder. Slope of the day is silver streak, home of the only 3 moguls here, and seen below. I lapped this for an hour exiting onto an entirely otherwise lifeless white lightning each time. Daughter #1 preferred the Wall. TM blew max snow on lower heaven and twister all day and at this rate I’d expect them open soon TM also did a good job with mask enforcement which we appreciated.
BEBB255D-F2C5-4C16-A7B7-504854DF3161.jpeg

And here the abandoned “liberty mutual” NASTAR shack.
5ABC016B-F38C-40E3-B449-F8C333173450.jpeg

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
WISP today. We tried 2 blue slopes, blah. Lapped squirrel cage for 3 hours. Sometimes the face. That’s what Timberline Mountain needs. I am officially calling for lower thunderstruck to go full on bump run. It’s perfect pitch length width. One can defer to whiteout if needed. I’m telling you it’s the perfect plan.

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
Cannot have everything at once. Next year? Wonder if Perfect North slopes have Nastar?
The Colonel

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
The racing program at PNS was not run by and I don't think it was really even supported by the ski area other than giving them a place to race so its been an on again off again sort thing for a while now.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Timberline today. Warmer, no snowmaking, light clouds, extremely empty. Slope of the day - the wall with really good surface. Still no freaking bumps anywhere. No snowmaking on drop. Looks like it’s going to be a very busy weekend.

86484A53-FE47-4208-9539-85B542F531BD.jpeg

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just purchased a couple 2 day passes for my son and myself! We plan to do a day trip on Monday, then follow up with another day trip a few weeks after that. Hopefully the crowds on Monday will have thinned out a bit.

Looking forward to trying out the new TLM for the first time!

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
They should have twister and lower heaven open for you. And a little snow to freshen the valley.

interestingly on the map they call it thunder snow (gag) but in their trail report today they call it lower almost heaven.

they also include cherry bowl glades and a couple others in their report but not on the map.

Reactions: wgo

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
When picking up an RFID card for the first time, it is from the same window you would go to in order to buy tickets, right? There is a not a separate line?

Sponsor

Staff online