• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Time Capsule: Brand New 1985 Yamaha CS666 Skis, Tyrolia 390 D bindings, Scott Nor Am Poles

YamahaCS666

Booting up
Skier
For my first post, I thought I would post some pics of my brand new equipment that was never used. I skied a bunch in my youth and always had used rental or hand me down ski equipment. When I turned 16, I finally got brand new stuff. I was so excited to finally get grown up skis. (185cm) I ended up going with YamahaCS666 skis and Tyrolia 390 D bindings. I also got new Scott Nor Am poles and Alpina boots to replace aging Hanson's. All ready to go for the ski season and a twist of fate occured. I was hit with a serious illness that changed my life. The equipment never did see the snow and has been with me ever since. I always dream of skiing again one day. Here are some pics. The ski's were waxed and ready to go too.

IMG_1027 (Large).JPG

IMG_1028 (Large).JPG

IMG_1029 (Large).JPG

IMG_1030 (Large).JPG

IMG_1032 (Large).JPG

IMG_1033 (Large).JPG

IMG_1034 (Large).JPG

IMG_1037 (Large).JPG

IMG_1038 (Large).JPG

IMG_1036 (Large).JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Very cool.
I am moving to the heritage section.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@YamahaCS666 , you kind of left us hanging with your life story. Do you care to elaborate??

I have a less personally fateful Yamaha story:
I was in high school and went with my Mom (RIP) to a ski sale/promotion at the former Alpine Ski shop location in Tysons Corner, VA around 1971-72. Eddie Bunch, founder of the store, had a drawing for some ski-related giveaways. My Mom filled out a batch of entries in her name. Spider Sabich (legendary American ski racer who suffered an early death) was there to give several lucky winners their prizes.
Spider drew my Mom's name and she won her choice of any new Yamaha skis on the rack. Being the great mom that she was, she gave me the prize. I picked out a new pair of Yamaha Hi-Flex skis in 195cm length and I enjoyed them as my main ski for a number of years afterward. Sadly, the skis outlived Spider. He was the US Ski Teamer and early pro skier who became one of the tragic legends of American skiing when he was shot and killed by his movie star lover, Claudine Longet in 1976.
Me and the Yamaha skis at Killington, VT in 1976:
yamaha.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Those are some sweet skis/bindings.
The boots are pretty cool too. The boat anchor poles I could skip.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
For my first post, I thought I would post some pics of my brand new equipment that was never used. I skied a bunch in my youth and always had used rental or hand me down ski equipment. When I turned 16, I finally got brand new stuff. I was so excited to finally get grown up skis. (185cm) I ended up going with YamahaCS666 skis and Tyrolia 390 D bindings. I also got new Scott Nor Am poles and Alpina boots to replace aging Hanson's. All ready to go for the ski season and a twist of fate occured. I was hit with a serious illness that changed my life. The equipment never did see the snow and has been with me ever since. I always dream of skiing again one day. Here are some pics. The ski's were waxed and ready to go too.

View attachment 192215

View attachment 192216

View attachment 192217

View attachment 192218

View attachment 192219

View attachment 192220

View attachment 192221

View attachment 192222

View attachment 192223

View attachment 192224
Wow

Sponsor