• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tips for taking private ski lesson?

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
One suggestion, only offered at Summit at Snoqualmie, is Snow Performance. They mostly offer consecutive week programs and multi-day programs. Many coaches are former racers and PSIA Level 3 trainers and examiners.

TS
Jittery3

Jittery3

Putting on skis
Skier
Hello all, thank you for all the feedback and tips. To follow up here (sorry I should get on here more than I do lol) we pushed out our lesson and it is currently a week from today. I tried calling up to Stevens just now to inquire about some of the names dropped above (Which looked to be Mike Douglas or Anna Heazler) for next week but they were closed. I will give it a try in the morning.
Talked to Stevens Pass and they have never heard of Anna, and Mike is now the manager and not doing lessons. We will be having Takashi (hope I spelled that right) as our instructor for our lesson. :)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Russ Peterson is at Stevens. He'd be fine too.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
If you are at Stevens book a private for you and your SO with Anne Healzer. She is a PSIA L3 and a PhD in PT. Few instructors know body mechanics like she does. In addition to on-snow, she can design an exctremely accurate dry land training program for you. Enjoy.

TS
Jittery3

Jittery3

Putting on skis
Skier
If you are at Stevens book a private for you and your SO with Anne Healzer. She is a PSIA L3 and a PhD in PT. Few instructors know body mechanics like she does. In addition to on-snow, she can design an exctremely accurate dry land training program for you. Enjoy.
Stevens Pass Private Lesson office had no idea who Anne Healzer is and said she was not in their system. Lady I talked to had worked there 10 years so dunno whats going on there.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
When we took our L3 together, she was teaching a bit at Mission Ridge if I remember correctly. I'll try to look her up.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
When we took our L3 together, she was teaching a bit at Mission Ridge if I remember correctly. I'll try to look her up.

Stevens Pass Private Lesson office had no idea who Anne Healzer is and said she was not in their system. Lady I talked to had worked there 10 years so dunno whats going on there.

Her LinkedIn profile shows a married name, but I have always known her as just "Healzer". DM me your email. I will connect you.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anne-healzer-garske-dpt-faaompt-8b7841b9/

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
One suggestion, only offered at Summit at Snoqualmie, is Snow Performance. They mostly offer consecutive week programs and multi-day programs. Many coaches are former racers and PSIA Level 3 trainers and examiners.
I am in my 4th year taking a 5 week clinic on Fridays with Snow Performance. I have also done their summer camp at Timberline and early December camp at Sun Peaks. They also offer private lessons. Not cheap, but worth it.

Sponsor

Staff online