• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

To BOA or not to BOA (we have real world insight)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Clicked into the binding and at very high edge angles, it looks like the boa would make snow contact before the outer forefoot area, it that so?
Unless you have GS globes in your closet, i wouldn't worry about it. There are plenty of reasons to be skeptical, but that's not one.

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
With scanning, from my point of view, the big issue is, what position do you scan the foot? Weight bearing? Unweighted, Semi weight bearing? Flat? On a boot board?
On a boot board adjusted for skier’s ankle dorsiflexion?
A lot of variables.
On a boot board adjusted for skiers dorsiflexion semi weight bearing would be my pick. But given the variables, getting consistent positioning from one boot fitter to another would be a nightmare.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Unless you have GS globes in your closet, i wouldn't worry about it. There are plenty of reasons to be skeptical, but that's not one.

I was thinking about that snow touching business too and then I checked my ID card to make sure the name there did not start with Ted and ended in Ligety. It said-You good to go :roflmao:

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
With scanning, from my point of view, the big issue is, what position do you scan the foot? Weight bearing? Unweighted, Semi weight bearing? Flat? On a boot board?
On a boot board adjusted for skier’s ankle dorsiflexion?
A lot of variables.
On a boot board adjusted for skiers dorsiflexion semi weight bearing would be my pick. But given the variables, getting consistent positioning from one boot fitter to another would be a nightmare.
Then add what angle of ankle dorsiflexion do you scan the foot in?

It’s an awful lot of variables that will need to be addressed for successful outcomes.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Then add what angle of ankle dorsiflexion do you scan the foot in?

It’s an awful lot of variables that will need to be addressed for successful outcomes.

On the upside, with scanning one saves a lot of plaster over systems like Bont's :)

#oopsthatneedsaredo