• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Today I saw an actual ski bum!!

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
I've seen some weird stuff before but this was a first for me. I was bombing down a run called Snorting Elk at my local resort. There is a rise that in order to make it without hiking you need to hit it with speed. I came over the rise which is a bit blind and right there just slightly on the left side of the run, not even on the shoulder, was a young woman bent over bare bum and all. Unfortunately, my cat like reflexes involuntarily kicked in and I swerved as I sped by her. It's not like it was even warm (not the bum- the weather) as it had been blowing and snowing. I would have thought she would have least moved to the side and slightly into the trees. In her defense there weren't many people on the hill today so she probably thought she was in the clear. She had a cute bum and a surprised look as I went by. I didn't see her again after that.

TS
PNWRod

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
It took my brain a bit to register what I was actually seeing in front of me. I don't think she would have waited for me to hike back up to her and snap a pic. The one day I wish I had a gopro.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I had a woman pull over across the trail from me (I was off to the side taking pictures or waiting to recover my breath or whatever), go behind a tree, BUT PLAINLY DIRECTLY IN FROM OF ME, NOT HIDDEN FROM MY ANGLE, and drop her trousers. At which point she noticed me. And kept on peeing. This was not a wide trail.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
TMI Sib? Funny same happened to a couple of us the other day skiing. Pro tip: Go on the downhill side of the tree not the uphill side. Better coverage.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny, I’ve never seen that when I’ve been bombing down Snorting Elk Bowl.

Then again, I prefer to come around from the Grubstake side over the saddle, I think it’s called Rinky Dink. You have a better view of that rise at the bottom of Snorting Elk. Not that I’m thinking strategically here....

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I had a woman pull over across the trail from me (I was off to the side taking pictures or waiting to recover my breath or whatever), go behind a tree, BUT PLAINLY DIRECTLY IN FROM OF ME, NOT HIDDEN FROM MY ANGLE, and drop her trousers. At which point she noticed me. And kept on peeing. This was not a wide trail.

Heh, we do it, it's just easier and we have less pride. It's harder for female snowboarders.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You asking about the trail?

TS
PNWRod

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
Maybe she did not like Snorting Elk.

Do the still groom it on top?
There is no rhyme or reason as to when they groom it. You just have to go back and check conditions or find out from another skier on the lift before you head back there.

TS
PNWRod

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
Funny, I’ve never seen that when I’ve been bombing down Snorting Elk Bowl.

Then again, I prefer to come around from the Grubstake side over the saddle, I think it’s called Rinky Dink. You have a better view of that rise at the bottom of Snorting Elk. Not that I’m thinking strategically here....

That would have been a sky view from Rinky Dink. The problem lately has been the two trails into Rinky has been scraped down to rocks. Even if you try to high side it and jump the trough you still end up with a gash or at least I do. We need more snow to fill that back in and more snow will give us a couple other ways in again. The other way is to hike over the top and drop in but that's too much work for 2 extra turns and this old guy.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Val19-71_920x.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online