• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Today in History

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
OOHHH! I know what I want right now
Right now in this date.
20200512_104713.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Today in History, it was warmer in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory (20C) versus Toronto, Ontario (8c). That's about 1800kms north of Toronto... :(

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
This day last year, I did this cycle day posted in the Eine Kleine Rhine Whine thread and not one Pugski person has cracked the mystery:
May 12 Oberriet to Konstanz
View attachment 97373 View attachment 97374
Well, the day started with an interesting issue: most, but not all, of my cycling clothes were outside the door - but no long cycling pants (and it was raining, again), and no long sleeved merino wool top. So I went to the cafe and had a coffee, banana-ish sweet roll, and bought a ham roll for lunch later. When I returned to the hotel/restaurant, there was no-one around. Time for stern measures: I investigated the place until I found the laundry room. There, hanging up were the long cycling pants, but the merino top was another issue. Finally I realized that they had to be in the box without an obvious door - which turned out to be the tumble dryer, and the whole front hinged. So now A-OK, I packed up and started to ship out. As I did, Kim, the lady, returned and made me a flask of coffee as a penance, methinks. Out on the road, it was raining again, and I landed up cycling alongside the Rhine on crushed limestone which was somewhat slow. In the States, if one passes another cyclist, one says “Hi” or somesuch. In Switzerland, clearly not, although a grim “gruezi” seems to be about the sum total that one can hope for. One young girl, perhaps 9-10, skipped past me carrying flowers that she had clearly picked and was singing. I later noticed various nicely dressed people going into restaurants, and realized that I should wish Susan a herzlich mutters’ tag later. Fortunately, as the day went on, the day brightened up, and I stopped for lunch by the harbor in Rorschach and had my ham roll. There was to be no nice restaurant lunch for me, for I am only a vater. I took a selfie in Rorschach while endeavoring to look “blotto”, but pretty much nobody seems to have worked out why*. I arrived at the wrong iBis hotel in Konstanz, but ultimately navigated to the correct one and was able to take my bike to the room. After a shower, I walked to a local Italian/Pizza place and had a salad and spaghetti carbonara to replace a small portion of the calories expended during the day.
[* C'mon Pugskiers and Pugcyclists, surely someone will be the first to "crack" the mystery]

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This day last year, I did this cycle day posted in the Eine Kleine Rhine Whine thread and not one Pugski person has cracked the mystery:
After reading that, I'm not sure I understood more than half of it, and couldn't tell there was a mystery to be solved.

Unless you're asking why you used the term blotto in Rorschach, which I assume is just a pun on ink blot test/Rorschach test. Where's the mystery?

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
After reading that, I'm not sure I understood more than half of it, and couldn't tell there was a mystery to be solved.

Unless you're asking why you used the term blotto in Rorschach, which I assume is just a pun on ink blot test/Rorschach test. Where's the mystery?
Well, quite simply, @dbostedo, that was exactly the apparent mystery which I had thought, and you spotted immediately, was simply a little pun-ette on Rorschach. But ding, ding, ding, you are actually the first to get it. You get today's star prize which I will award soon, I promise, maybe ...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, quite simply, @dbostedo, that was exactly the apparent mystery which I had thought, and you spotted immediately, was simply a little pun-ette on Rorschach. But ding, ding, ding, you are actually the first to get it. You get today's star prize which I will award soon, I promise, maybe ...
:ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Dang - Missed it by a day

"And now for something completely different...."

Monty Python formed on May 11, 1969.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Shame on us...

Yesterday was 3 years since Epicski's lights were turned off.

From MNC:
The EpicSki Forum was closed May 12, 2017. We know this is a disappointment for many users and that some wanted us to transfer the forum’s content to another provider. Unfortunately, a number of operational, legal and other considerations made selling or giving the archive to anyone else too challenging.

Your passionate, thoughtful posts, guides and photos have been inspirational to the community. We will miss the conversation and appreciate your participation and input on EpicSki.com over the years.

Best regards,

The Mountain News Team

Reactions: Ron
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Three years ago we got hammered with a storm at A-Basin. IIRC, we were supposed to drive home that day. It was just not prudent to travel.
18519918_10155103916411138_3714937967176057427_n.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online