• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Today in History

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What happened today in history? There is a 1/365.33 chance something happened "today"? So, every day, please share something. It might be significant, like today WW2 ended or personal, you bunny hopped a log for the first time on a mountain bike today in 2006. Lets share something in this thread...each day.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This happened on May 8, 2011
@DeAnn Sloan
IMG_8345.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
1927 - France Transatlantic White Bird
1927 : The Bi-Plane the "Transatlantic White Bird" Piloted by the french Aviator Captain Nungesser attempting to be the first to cross the Atlantic non stop from Paris to New York is spotted in the early morning off Nova Scotia fighting strong head winds and heading for the Maine Seaboard and had been in the Air for approximately 33 hours. Shortly after the sighting they mysteriously disappeared while trying to be the first to complete the non-stop transatlantic flight, flying from Paris to New York City . The plane, pilot and navigator have never been seen since and two weeks later American aviator Charles Lindbergh, flying solo, successfully crossed from New York to Paris.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Woke up, got out of bed
dragged a comb across my head
found my way downstairs and drank a cup
looking up I noticed I was late...
At first I thought you meant "A Day in the Life" was recorded or released today... but no, I must have just went into a dream.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
An interesting tidbit about music history prompted by a search for the 10 day album challenge that is making another round in the net.

On this day in History, in 1966 The Doors auditioned to become the house band at the Whiskey A-Go-Go.

Sponsor

Staff online