• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Toddler Ski Boot

DavefromWV

Booting up
Skier
I've got a 2 1/2 year old that I'd love to get out on the snow this year, but I'm struggling to find a boot that'll fit his little feet. He wears a toddler size 6-7, which I am having problems finding a chart for conversion to Mondo sizing for something that small (the smallest I can find is Mondo 14 which converts to a toddler size 9). Is there even a boot out there that will fit him? I like the idea of the adjustable Roces boots (and reviews seem to be good) but can't find anything smaller than a 16, which seems like it would be way too big. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I emailed ton of manufacturers when I was outfitting my daughter, 14 is the smallest I found. Good luck!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Smallest I've ever seen is 14. I snagged a set at a thrift store for future grandkid scenario. Honestly. when they're that small it probably doesn't matter much if they have some slop in their boots. They'll have fun stomping around in them regardless and that's all you can really expect initially.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used the smallest Roces for both of my kids when they were 2. Even with really thick socks, the boots were still too big for them, but both kids did well enough that the overly large boots weren't an issue. At that age, I just wanted something that would keep them clicked into their bindings and wasn't going to be uncomfortable, and the Roces did the job. The bonus is that with the expandable boots and out of necessity starting too big, you''ll probably get 3 or 4 seasons out of them

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
That little you could probably just get skis that strap to regular boots like these:
The above ski probably is the way to go.

Here is a boot fitting tip for when the kid gets a little bigger: Don't bother pulling the liner out and try doing a "shell fit" with a young child. Instead, pull the footbed out of the boot and have the kid stand on the footbed and then you will be able to see exactky how much space there is in front of the child's toe.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lucky Bums are the toddler skis where they use their own snow boots.

Mine started at ages 3 and 4. Had plenty of fun and did fine in boots that were a size too big at first..
Just stomping around in the boots, learning to click in and out of bindings.. falling down and getting back up with skis, etc can all be learned in the back yard before going to the mountain.. Don't even need snow. That will make the first day at the mountain way more productive and successful. They'll have a blast regardless..
1606772567927.png

1606772589852.png