• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Toddler skis

Seventh

Booting up
Skier
Looking to buy toddler skis! Time to get my grandson on some skis, at least to play around a little.
He is almost 3 and weighs about 30 pounds
so I am thinking:

Short length 100 cm or less,

and

Adjustable bindings if possible.

Thanks

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Elan's kids ski flexes great for those little kids.

We had a contest a few years ago and I think @pchewn won a pair for his grandson.

It would be great if somoene here had a kid growing out of something in a good size for you.
Crossing fingers you find something quickly.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I get most of my grandsons' equipment used from Facebook Marketplace or ski swaps. Cheap $30 used boots and skis. The only "good" equipment I've got so far was winning the Elan skis in a contest. We buy for the older grandson and then pass the equipment down to the younger one. They grow so quickly we would go broke getting equipment any other way.

I see that @Seventh is in Eureka CA. I did a quick search there ... unfortunately not a lot. But in Redding CA there are several listings for inexpensive kids skis.

Toddler skis might be even shorter than 80cm and may work with "snow boots" instead of real ski boots. Are you looking to just walk around in the snow or actually slide down a lift-served beginner area? For a 3 year old, I suggest the simple X/C type skis that you strap on with normal snow boots. I suggest getting to actual downhill boots and skis later -- age 5 or 6. You need to decide based on how many times a year you are reasonably going to take a toddler to the mountain/snow for skiing. Then choose between rental gear, cheap strap-on gear, used inexpensive downhill gear, or new downhill gear. There are lots of options.

Here is just one such option: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/546490343511210/

Last edited:
TS
S

Seventh

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for all the great info!

My thoughts were just to let him glide down a gentle grade and see how he does. Maybe a magic carpet somewhere if he does exceptionally well and enjoys it.

Sponsor