• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

On steep faster terrain I'll...

• Curl and Clench my Toes

• Relax and Hang Ten Man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
The Salomon SX sizes are their own circumference-based scheme.
My size 345 boots have a 321 mm BSL.
They are equivalent a 27 or 28 traditional boot which would typically have BSL in that same neighborhood.
I don’t know rocket man ...
From my Lange memories

26.5 = 306
27.5 = 316
28.5 = 326

That makes it a 28
Whatever that really is

James

Out There
Instructor
So basically the reason you like long skis is that with those boots there is a yard-long flat spot in the middle that's not helping you deal with the terrain.
Hey, it took years to get him off his fat (106?) Coombas in everything except boiler plate.
Here a rare intro to an 84mm ski in May 2015 at Klington-
E8E7E46D-606B-4BE6-B939-2CD6A1558C4B.jpeg

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^^ Man..... That snow reminds me of my last visit to Kmart! You never know what you're gonna get there!!! There were open streams across trails and rocks everywhere. LMAO

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I remember those old k2 skis
rocket man ya still gots em in da basement somewhere for pond skimming ?
Yep, right next to the Automatics that replaced them. Maybe someday I'll bother using a wide ski again.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
With the amount of snow youse guys r getting
Might wanna wax it up

it’s Juneuary out here
The amount of snow weez guys r getting has a higher profile than it deserves, by a lot. And that's only because we hadn't had ANY to speak of before yesterday. So no, not time to break out the powder boards yet by a long shot.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The amount of snow weez guys r getting has a higher profile than it deserves, by a lot. And that's only because we hadn't had ANY to speak of before yesterday. So no, not time to break out the powder boards yet by a long shot.

That's all true, but have a look at the model runs for, say, Utah - @Near Nyquist 's last sentence has a lower profile than it deserves. They're about to get the thaw end of our freeze - for like two weeks+

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's all true, but have a look at the model runs for, say, Utah - @Near Nyquist 's last sentence has a lower profile than it deserves. They're about to get the thaw end of our freeze - for like two weeks+
Since I'm headed to Taos, I am absolutely not going to look.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
That comba ain’t no powder board for mr rocket guy
now maybe it might be for you n me

Sponsor

Staff online