• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tokyo Olympics

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually love that one of the biggest challenges to the 13 and 16 year-old girls was a 34 year-old woman from Brooklyn. Hey Grandma, look at me!

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Great race by Ariarne Titmus to hand Katie Ledecky her first defeat in 3 Olympics yesterday. They swam the 2nd and 3rd fastest times ever in the 400m Freestyle. The fastest, just, was Ledecky winning gold in 2016. They will likely clash again in the 200m final. Ledecky has an insanely hard schedule, as she's also doing the 800m and 1500m events, plus relays.

The celebration of the Australian coach was pretty crazy.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
For a species that for millennia reveled into going to war against others as sport, the Olympics despite usual over discussed negatives is a world wide alternative that has the capacity to immensely warm our hearts as human beings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDAFZFL1fGg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Did anyone watch any of the skateboard coverage? It seemed l
No one here likes skateboarding teens?
I watched a bit of it but it was kind of boring. I think I'm just used to the x-games/dew tour/etc. coverage where the cameraman is right there up and close. :huh:

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sean Codger
July 22 at 9:57 PM ·
I need someone to explain human physiology to me. Why is it that wom*n can only perform their best athletic feats damned near nekkid while m*n can break world records practically dressed in a suit of armor?

Because from the layperson's perspective, it would seem to me that all athletes would do better with MOST of their ass cheeks INSIDE the designated uniform. I don't know about y'all, but pulling my shorts ALL the way out of the crack of my ass every three steps tends to reduce my best time doing ANYTHING.

Hell, just for the sake of costs, it would seem cheaper to supply wom*n volleyball players with adult-sized shorts rather than refill the sand pit each morning, because we all know where most of that sand ends up by match end. And needless to say, if a grown ass m*n can do the splits while wearing footie pajamas, we can put some shorts on the G*RLS competing in gymnastics.

Of course, I suspect that these wardrobe decisions are made with an eye towards enticing men into watching women's sports, but now that we have the Innanet, how is this supposed to work? A man is going to watch three HOURS of a wom*n's volleyball match just to see the occasional cheek-slip when he can visit allthebooty-dot-com and still have 2 hours and 57 minutes to watch the US m*n’s basketball game against Angola? That's not good marketing (or time management)!

Seriously, how is a wom*n running faster than you can ride a bike or skate not interesting enough on its own? How is a wom*n using a flimsy ass pole to vault herself a height equal to the roof of your house not worth a "peek," even if you don't get to see her Fallopian tubes in the process?

And is this what we are going to do to shrink the educational gap in this country? Are we now going to have our school teachers dressed like they are in a Van Halen video to get the b*y students to start paying attention? And if so, is it permissible to go back to night school for your GED even if you already have a college degree? #askingforafriend

Seriously, it should be possible for wom*n to be able to display their TALENTS ... and just their talents ... for three weeks every four years. After all, it's not like we have to start listening to their IDEAS or anything.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I had to laugh when the Norwegian women's Beach volleyball team was fined for wearing shorts instead of bikini bottoms. You know in this day and age of awareness of exploitation of women could any fine be more tone deaf?? IOC in a nutshell..
My sister forwarded this FB post to me . . . The German women’s gymnastics team is supposed to be wearing long legged unitards to make a point, too.

Sean Codger
July 22 at 9:57 PM ·
I need someone to explain human physiology to me. Why is it that wom*n can only perform their best athletic feats damned near nekkid while m*n can break world records practically dressed in a suit of armor?

Because from the layperson's perspective, it would seem to me that all athletes would do better with MOST of their ass cheeks INSIDE the designated uniform. I don't know about y'all, but pulling my shorts ALL the way out of the crack of my ass every three steps tends to reduce my best time doing ANYTHING.

Hell, just for the sake of costs, it would seem cheaper to supply wom*n volleyball players with adult-sized shorts rather than refill the sand pit each morning, because we all know where most of that sand ends up by match end. And needless to say, if a grown ass m*n can do the splits while wearing footie pajamas, we can put some shorts on the G*RLS competing in gymnastics.

Of course, I suspect that these wardrobe decisions are made with an eye towards enticing men into watching women's sports, but now that we have the Innanet, how is this supposed to work? A man is going to watch three HOURS of a wom*n's volleyball match just to see the occasional cheek-slip when he can visit allthebooty-dot-com and still have 2 hours and 57 minutes to watch the US m*n’s basketball game against Angola? That's not good marketing (or time management)!

Seriously, how is a wom*n running faster than you can ride a bike or skate not interesting enough on its own? How is a wom*n using a flimsy ass pole to vault herself a height equal to the roof of your house not worth a "peek," even if you don't get to see her Fallopian tubes in the process?

And is this what we are going to do to shrink the educational gap in this country? Are we now going to have our school teachers dressed like they are in a Van Halen video to get the b*y students to start paying attention? And if so, is it permissible to go back to night school for your GED even if you already have a college degree? #askingforafriend

Seriously, it should be possible for wom*n to be able to display their TALENTS ... and just their talents ... for three weeks every four years. After all, it's not like we have to start listening to their IDEAS or anything.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It's like old drunk creepy men sitting watching reruns of female gym routines. Like..it's..I don't even have words to describe and I have a lot of words in my vocab! Wimbledon is the same.. Just..sad..and for all females, I'm embarrassed. I had hoped we'd be better than this... :(

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oops - sorry for the long double post - don't know how that happened except I was having quote issues (operator error).

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Just watched the rising HS senior from Alaska win the 100 breast. Wow. This, and the Tunisian swimmer and Austrian math nerd cyclist, is why I like the Olympics. Not watching a bunch of underachieving NBA guys play. And @Jenny your quote of Codger was humorous and sad at the same time.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Under the category, "Watch what you say, you never know who is listening or riding the lift with" We have said when you are at a Squaw Valley or a Jackson Hole, you never want to boast about your skiing such as the similar situation we were just in..not that we were boasting. We stopped by some family while here in Alaska and it was mentioned that my brother-in-law's neice who was also visiting was into shooting like we were into skiing. Just looking at Jasmine Otis, she looked like the typical "girl down the street" and as we started chatting, it turns out she was the first alternate to go to Tokyo and shoots skeet regularly with Amber English who just won the gold. It was cool talking to her about her road being a world class athlete and what training at this level along with the costs involved.

Sponsor

Staff online