• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tolling to be implemented in BCC and LCC in the near future, according to UDOT's Executive Director

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
What I've done, I just slung my boots over my shoulder and walk on in my old street shoes.

Once booted up in the lodge, I leave my old shoes out of people's way. The worst it could happen is someone stole my old stinking shoes and I had to ride the bus back down bare foot. :ogbiggrin:
I think like this with my hockey gear. Someone might steal my bag!! Seriously?;?! :poo:

James

Out There
Instructor
If I knew I could get a seat, carry my bag on the bus, change in the lodge and not pay a fortune to store my bag, I'd consider it. At Alta, Solitude, Brighton and Deer Valley I took the bags out to the car
People out West have subsidized lousy lodges by dirt scratching in lots for years. At least East the lousy lodges have space to put bags.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nope. But fun on the vocabulary.

Well, Margot could probably quickly get 1,000 views by simply reading the alphabet....

Ummm, hey Utah, they put sheds over roads where avies happen all the time.

I guess those are pretty commonplace now, but I remember WYDOT trying one on Teton Pass ages ago. IIRC they triggered a slide from Glory, it went over the shed, everybody cheered, then the shed followed the snow down into the canyon, where it remains today.

Having a hard time finding a link to this story. Maybe a better Google Master could chime in.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
People out West have subsidized lousy lodges by dirt scratching in lots for years. At least East the lousy lodges have space to put bags
Lots of western resorts have boot change areas, some with cubby holes, some with daily rental lockers. Ever been to Alta, Snowbird, Whitefish, Lake Louise, Sun Peaks, Whitewater, Jackson Hole, Grand Targee and many others?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lots of western resorts have boot change areas, some with cubby holes, some with daily rental lockers. Ever been to Alta, Snowbird, Whitefish, Lake Louise, Sun Peaks, Whitewater, Jackson Hole, Grand Targee and many others?
:nono:

Not remotely the same thing.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What I've done, I just slung my boots over my shoulder and walk on in my old street shoes.

Once booted up in the lodge, I leave my old shoes out of people's way. The worst it could happen is someone stole my old stinking shoes and I had to ride the bus back down bare foot. :ogbiggrin:
I'm not worried about somebody stealing a worn old bag and used shoes, I don't want it just removed and have a problem getting it back.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
People out West have subsidized lousy lodges by dirt scratching in lots for years. At least East the lousy lodges have space to put bags.
Except that some places have moved the cubbies outside.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Look at the signs in some of the lodges..............................

" Unattended bags will be removed"

After a day of skiing I don't want to chase down my shoes.
You can always pay the $20-30 for the locker.

I, on the other hand, am quite willing to do that for $20 saving.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve enjoyed reading this thread and have nothing to add that hasn’t already been said. I don’t know what the answer will be but I hope they eventually figure something out.

I’ve been to AltaBird 3 times since 2017, staying at GMD for two of the trips. I’ll be back eventually but want to explore new areas from my bucket list. When I do return I plan to avoid all of this by staying at GMD again. Hopefully I won’t need a second mortgage to do so.

Sponsor

Staff online