• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tom Gellie 3 day free trial. Big Picture Skiing

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Infinitely harder to balance. Even the slightest mistake is immediately punished and punished hard. But what else to do when one wants to ski in the summer? It is either that or travel to Chile/Argentina.
I'd definitely southern hemisphere skiing to skating downhill on asphalt, in the heat, with body armor.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Even the slightest mistake is immediately punished and punished hard.

At 25 y/o falling on snow didn't hurt. But falls off a motorbike on tarmac hurt. Every time.

At 65 y/o the damn snow hurts enough. No interest in finding out what the road feels like.

Chile/Argentina

Australia? New Zealand?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Australia? New Zealand?

Yes, of course. But getting to OZ/NZ from Europe takes like forever. And to get there you normally would fly through Bangkok. And chances are once you reach BKK you will forget skiing. :ogbiggrin:

hansking12

Booting up
Skier
Long time lurker here but a BPS fan and subscriber! The depth of content and Tom and Sam's level of explanation is something that is unique as I am a mechanical engineer by training. I really struggled to connect the reasons for certain movement and how it would benefit my skiing.

BPS has been the most educational and thought provoking source of so much information. I find it easy to just stream the content while commuting to and from the mountain and always have something to focus on and improve or examine.

btw, I'm also going for my L3 Alpine ski certification (again, lol) in just a couple of weeks and would not have made it nearly as far without BPS. I have taken all of the prep courses my mountain has offered, but that has not compared to the level of understanding as much as my BPS subscription has provided.

Tom is a genuinely great guy, and even on my pittance of ski instructor paycheck, it's absolutely worth keeping my subscription and other groups going on his site! Go check out the program and see for yourself risk free!

late4gates

Pride comes before a fall.
Skier
Just wanted to add my testimonial from an intermediate’s POV. This site is the best instruction I have ever found, on or off the hill. For me what is unique is getting a holistic mechanical idea of what’s going on. I’ve begged in person instructors to give me context when teaching me some bullet point but to no avail so far. The carving stuff (particularly the video with Erik) and the fore-aft stuff for example, gave me a whole new picture of the sequence of movement and relative timing and made a whole bunch of stuff suddenly “make sense”.

In any case, I canceled my monthly subscription deliberately after the 3 day free period because I wanted to make sure I encouraged his project. I had to use Other as the cancelation reason because there was no option for “wife will not allow me to AirPlay ski videos on the TV non stop for an entire year”, but I’ll rejoin in fall for sure.

David Orr

Getting off the lift
Skier
I agree w/ @groomer...Tom Gellie and Sam Robertson have really increased their content on BigPictureSkiing over the past couple months. Very much worth the price of admission IMO. Really enjoying the SkiSMART Series they just started recently. The information is great for getting ready for the upcoming season.

Yepow

Excuse me, I'm an intermediate
Skier
I will chime in and say that I have found BPS SO useful over the last 40 days or so. There's so much to pick up and lots of work to do on dryland. I find the actual getting up and doing and feeling things (rather than passively watching videos) has been very significant; I'm putting an hour a day in and starting to see and feel the connection between all sorts of things!

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Can anyone offer an approximate cost for three months. I like this guy... his skiing and his lessons.

Yepow

Excuse me, I'm an intermediate
Skier
Can anyone offer an approximate cost for three months. I like this guy... his skiing and his lessons.
It's $50USD per month regular price, but he generally has offers for some significant percentage off, and the annual price with a discount is quite reasonable relative to monthly. When you first sign up there is also a "do you want to sign up for a longer term at this rate?" which you can evaluate--it was good. I signed up for a year at less than the price of one lesson.

In many of the dryland and biomechanics videos, there's a lot of "stand this way, how does this feel, move this way"--I think you get the most out of this by being up and moving!

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking on his site now it’s 129 for 3 months. Cheaper if you go for a year. I’ve been doing month to month for a while but got a pretty decent discount on that rate when he first started. I see discount offers from time to time in the monthly rate. Really like the content.

Sponsor

Staff online