• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tracking App

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
Been using Ski Tracks on a Pixel for a few years now. Works great! I question a few of the top speeds but maybe it is correct.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I question a few of the top speeds but maybe it is correct.
I've seen it be wrong, but when it has a good enough fix/satellite signal I think it's very accurate. I drove around with it running a couple of times and it seemed to track my cars top speed very well. But signals at ski mountains can be more iffy, and I've also seen it record me as going like 30 MPH while getting off of a lift. But that was years ago, and I think it's gotten better about that kind of stuff.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Our experience with Ski Tracks differs. I've used it for years and find it a great way to keep a recored of my ski days. Yes there have been the occasional hiccups (like incredible speeds shown) but they are rare. Sorry yours isn't working out.
This season I got a top speed of 131,5 km/h, which, albeit attainable (at least theroretically) by myself, I couldn't find (time and place) and with the specific skis I had on, no matter how I was searching my memory of that day, where I could have reached it...I keep it and show it off to friends, just to pull their legs, but I am sure I did not really did that. Stats for the season, apart that glitch, seems rather legit/reasonable. GPS errors? Yes, each time I'm inside a building... :)

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Since I'm normally skiing Tremblant, I use the Ikon app too. But I do have Trace Snow on my phone. Haven't used it in a while, so not sure about contacting others through the app. My gang usually just text each other.

Trace died on me a few years ago - couldn't access the app. Think the website is now gone too.

Was a great app when they were still into snowsports, but now they're focused on soccer.

Sponsor

Staff online