• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Training the right muscles for touring (hip flexors concern)

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Two guys in Dynafit boots and Shift bindings passed me on my lap this morning. Both of them lifted their rear ski at least 6" into the air on every stride. Their skinning technique sucked, but they had a significant weight advantage. My takeaway is that when I do get on a lighter weight setup, I'm gonna fly... :) ;)

Dude, it happened to me. :roflmao:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Had a good skin today, no hip problems. Definitely worked on pushing off the ski. I still felt the free ski lifting, but I wasn't lifting it. Only used the lifters for one little bit, and in that part I saw how it was important to keep weight on my heels. If I did not, the skis would try to slip back.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Had a good skin today, no hip problems. Definitely worked on pushing off the ski. I still felt the free ski lifting, but I wasn't lifting it. Only used the lifters for one little bit, and in that part I saw how it was important to keep weight on my heels. If I did not, the skis would try to slip back.

So what's your setup? I was trying to tell what you've got from the pic you posted.