• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

eBike Trek releases all-new Fuel EXe e-mountain bike

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Levo SL motor is pretty loud. It seems like in general full power motors are quieter.

That is a great light e-bike with a terribly whiny motor.

The new TQ is eerily quiet in comparison to anything else currently available.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, there is a lot of mentioning of how quiet the TQ motor is but there is just as much on how linear and transparent and smooth it is too, which IMHO is more important. The question I struggle with is, not so much is the Fuel EXe is the answer, it answers a LOT of questions and it sounds like that it will win over a lot of eMTB naysayers and soften their view, especially after reading the NSMB review, even some here, but is it the answer for me? It does go back to me Firepower vs. MPG article.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I saw one yesterday, XT build at $8600
IMG_0266.jpeg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think it's a good thing they launched this bike before Pivot's Shuttle SL. Cage match time.

Agree 100%. And, as a long-time Blister subscriber, I've requested a Deep Dive on the Trek, Pivot and Orbea.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, life is short. Fuel EX-e incoming!

"Lost in transit".

Ha! More likely in some rep's garage. :huh:
You did it! I'll be very curious to hear how much assist it gives. This IS the type of bike that could sway me. But a lighter Top Fuel is my first answer. The EX-e will likely be in our garage for @utskier. I think it's exactly what he wants.

I was talking via message with a friend who bought a 54 lb. e-bike after a trip to Europe. She's always MTBd but has never loved it. She's having trouble maneuvering this heavy bike in technical stuff. She's tiny. Hence why these newer bikes will likely be the answer for a lot of people.

Truthfully when we're in the doldrums of summer heat, I get lazy especially if I can't get out in the mornings, which for the next few weeks thanks to high school tennis, I can't. I'd love a little assist on those lazy days. But, a lighter, quicker bike will be my first choice for now.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You did it! I'll be very curious to hear how much assist it gives. This IS the type of bike that could sway me. But a lighter Top Fuel is my first answer. The EX-e will likely be in our garage for @utskier. I think it's exactly what he wants.

I was talking via message with a friend who bought a 54 lb. e-bike after a trip to Europe. She's always MTBd but has never loved it. She's having trouble maneuvering this heavy bike in technical stuff. She's tiny. Hence why these newer bikes will likely be the answer for a lot of people.

Truthfully when we're in the doldrums of summer heat, I get lazy especially if I can't get out in the mornings, which for the next few weeks thanks to high school tennis, I can't. I'd love a little assist on those lazy days. But, a lighter, quicker bike will be my first choice for now.
My wife had a 54 lbs e bike, 180,180 and had no problem whatsoever in technical terrain, up or down.

Lifting it over logs, sure.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Slowly but surely i think the stigma about e-bikes is dissipating. It's still out there among some people but that group is shrinking.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Slowly but surely i think the stigma about e-bikes is dissipating. It's still out there among some people but that group is shrinking.
We were tallking about this when in Park City earlier this week. Yes, there are restrictions, either over 65 or with a medical condition. I asked, would my heart issues last year and Tricia's cancer allow us to ride? He said absolutely but also no one could ask what our condtions were so the riding they have seen a good amout of eMTB's on the trials, and in his words, "with little or no incidents".

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There are those who still think a full suspension bike is the devils work!