• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tremblant to host World Cup women's races, 2023 to 2025 (Conditional Approval)

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
They lost or the contract was up on the WC moguls....

Will be interesting to see what area they are going to use. There are plans for a race run over on the Versant Soleil. But nothing has been done yet. It also is to involve a new lift. The Soleil is not normally open in December...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's good to see more events come back to North America.

SkiBam

Putting on skis
Skier
They lost or the contract was up on the WC moguls....

Will be interesting to see what area they are going to use. There are plans for a race run over on the Versant Soleil. But nothing has been done yet. It also is to involve a new lift. The Soleil is not normally open in December...
I thought it was to be the Flying Mile. Or was that something else?

wolcoma

Getting on the lift
Skier
Wow Mt Tremblant is a very cool place for a World Cup race. Probably 25 years ago I traveled up there for the Fuji Cup race which was basically a pro race with barn-door start gates and two pro jumps. It was really more of a "semi-pro" race as the prizes were maybe a little cash, gift cards, and other swag but it was a fun race that drew a lot of good racers. One of many pro race formats back in the day.

The town is beautiful and reminds me of Beaver Creek. Definitely far enough north to make good snow for an early season World Cup race, plus with close proximity to Montreal they should draw a big crowd.