• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tuning tools and stuff

James

Out There
Instructor
Once they are set (and you like the angles) isn't it just maintaining the angle?
Yes, basically. But is your 3 deg exactly the same as the machine? One filing will take care of and ensure that.

When edges get too rounded, there’s really no way to get them sharp without grinding the base and setting the edges from the bottom. Because at some point you have to take down both sides of the metal to achieve a point, not just one.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
That's too bad. They were one of my go-to sites.

George Merrill is a great guy. Never really started ARTECH to make much of an income. Did it because he wanted to be able to supply the NE race community.
Which he SURELY did. And, I think the business did “just” fine. Probably harder to operate now…..and retirement time.

I shudder to think at how much we spent there over the years. But it always was exactly what we ordered, arrived on time. No issues. Or we picked if up with George meeting me at all hours of the day or night.

That’s a loss. Sort of surprised that nobody is carrying on the name and business. His “barn” in Enfield was a nice facility. Selling that might be a nice add to his retirement.

Big loss. Hope he’s well.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid