• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TV coverage for 2020-2021?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Another hint: if you can afford a subscription to EuroSport, that'll get you in the door for both live and on-demand viewing of every FIS Alpine World Cup event.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
A hint (without giving away actual URLs): look to national TV broadcasters of note in the big skiing countries. Sadly most of these don't offer on-demand, so live viewing would be the best option.
Another hint: if you can afford a subscription to EuroSport, that'll get you in the door for both live and on-demand viewing of every FIS Alpine World Cup event.
Why are the explicit URL's or specific sites secretive?

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Why are the explicit URL's or specific sites secretive?

These broadcasters don't like it when folks outside of their geographic footprint try to partake of their streams. When sites like this (which is a decidedly U.S. site, despite its worldwide reach) post specific URLs it makes things easier for the broadcasters to research in establishing geofence rules that further lock down their offerings.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I don’t know if this has been posted here but it may help...

4ster

Instructor
After looking at this schedule I am beginning to wonder if Peacock is only covering the Austrian races (&Levi) and not the rest of the World Cup?

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is either a poorly written press release or indeed NBC will split its coverage between Peacock for the Austrian (and Levi) races and the Olympic Channel et al. for the rest. Which makes no sense for those like me who don't have cable. I guess I'll do the free Peacock trial this weekend and see what's available.

It's hard to think of a better way to mismanage the sport's coverage in the US and frustrate fans.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Some of the races at Levi have the first run on Peacock and then the second run on a channel you might be able to see, such as NBCSports, NBC, or the Olympic Channel. In the past when the second run scheduled to be shown, the leaders were shown making their first runs. First runs were also shown if a favorite had a bad run, fall, of DQ. Slaloms and GS's are two run races so missing the first run doesn't meant you don't get to see the winning run and the drama of the second and deciding run. I record the races shown on NBCSports, NBC and the Olympic Channel so I can watch them when I'm awake. If I need the results sooner the FIS site has them even in real time.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is either a poorly written press release ...
I really don’t understand why NBC/Peacock can’t at this point clearly communicate for the entire season what races will be available for streaming and what races (if any) will not. Or even for a longer period than the next two weeks. It can’t be difficult to do that. They are (I think) a multi-billion dollar company. Basic communication should not be that hard.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's an American network. It's not football. I speculate that the people managing communications assume that "there will be some skiing" is enough to satisfy the 293 weirdos who watch.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's an American network. It's not football. I speculate that the people managing communications assume that "there will be some skiing" is enough to satisfy the 293 weirdos who watch.
That means at least 294 people watch, since I'm not a weirdo.

Or... wait a sec! .... Are you calling me a weirdo?!? :P

4ster

Instructor
So I just signed up for Peacock premium. There was Ski Jumping on earlier today & I just checked to see if I could watch it On Demand. It appears the answer is yes so I am assuming it will be the same for the race & won’t have to wake up at 2:15am.
Like last season’s Snowpass, no commentary.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The ski jumping is available on-demand on Peacock Premium but not the women's slalom. They're advertising tomorrow's GS but looks like it'll be live only.

So there's no on-demand world cup on Peacock? Or is it well hidden?

4ster

Instructor
The ski jumping is available on-demand on Peacock Premium but not the women's slalom. They're advertising tomorrow's GS but looks like it'll be live only.

So there's no on-demand world cup on Peacock? Or is it well hidden?
Last I looked it was there...

Go to browse
Click on sports at the top of the page
Scroll down till you come to skiing (toward the bottom of the page). both of today’s race runs are there.
918447DC-B53A-469A-891C-59DD159FCED8.jpeg

tomorrow’s race is a second women’s slalom.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I watched the 1st slalom today on the Olympic Channel, also recorded it for rewatching. Sunday the second race will also be shown on the Olympic Channel. Costs some money, not sure how much, as one of the add-ons to DIRECTV. Glad to see ski racing again.

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
I watched the race today on demand using the Peacock app. The video quality was good enough. The app itself is not that great, infact is sucks. The app on the Comcast set top box launches and just spins. It has never worked when ever I try it. The app on the Apple TV refuses to take my comcast login. With Comcast service one gets the Peacock Premium access. Only the app on the iPad works ( allowed me to use the Comcast login). However the screen mirroring for the app is either blocked or just plain busted.
I got to watch the race so I’m happy. Since I switched from DirecTV to Comcast I lost the Olympic channel.
Let’s hope this works for more than just this weekend...

4ster

Instructor
I watched the race today on demand using the Peacock app. The video quality was good enough. The app itself is not that great, infact is sucks. The app on the Comcast set top box launches and just spins. It has never worked when ever I try it. The app on the Apple TV refuses to take my comcast login. With Comcast service one gets the Peacock Premium access. Only the app on the iPad works ( allowed me to use the Comcast login). However the screen mirroring for the app is either blocked or just plain busted.
I got to watch the race so I’m happy. Since I switched from DirecTV to Comcast I lost the Olympic channel.
Let’s hope this works for more than just this weekend...
If I am following you about the screen mirroring, I am having the same issue.
My little Apple connector that I purchased last year so I could use my phone or iPad to watch Snowpass on the big screen works fine for everything else but is not working on Peacock.
I was able to just hook my laptop up to my big screen directly with HDMI cable and watch that way.

Sponsor