• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Two Years for a Lifetime of Disability, Pain, and Expense

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Two years in an actual prison -- not a white collar country club -- is scary. I actually know a guy that spent a couple decades, and he says every waking moment ranged from a little scared to scared to death.

I'd go for the two years AND the earlier-expressed idea of lifetime garnishment of wages, even if only a relatively low percentage.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
I have followed this story and Bernie’s social media since this assault happened. I drive by the accident scene frequently. I have ridden the exact section of road. I’ve had private conversation with him. He has been an inspiration and a source of laughs. Yesterday, his assailant was finally sentenced. I wish it were more but at least it’s something.

What's sad is that this is a pretty long sentence for almost killing someone with a car. If he hadn't fled, I'd expect him to have not faced any prison time - he could have just blamed Andrew.

Last edited:

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
I wonder if this criminal will have any remorse the rest of his life.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Two years in an actual prison -- not a white collar country club -- is scary. I actually know a guy that spent a couple decades, and he says every waking moment ranged from a little scared to scared to death.

I'd go for the two years AND the earlier-expressed idea of lifetime garnishment of wages, even if only a relatively low percentage.
I bet the dude he hit would take six years in prison to be healthy again. Probably even a decade-plus.

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
12 months over here for killing the partner of a friend of mine. 2 year driving ban though.

I think the point is as long as these incidents are viewed as "accidents" then justice feels unjust.

Sponsor

Staff online