• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrolia Ambition template and advice

everest8850

cruising along
Skier
First up - if anyone is looking for a paper/PDF template for the Tyrolia Ambition touring binding? HEad/Tyrolia sent me one and i thought I'd share it here.

Next: Anyone here has experience mounting a pair of Ambitions using such templates? i ask, because i cant seem to make much sense of the PDF; and confused about the "rental" vs "inline" markings. Anybody got some thoughts on this. I also havent figured out a way of printing this out as the template PDF dimensions exceeds a typical A4 format on a printer...It'd be great to have it one two separate sheets and in scale.

Attachments

• 1693158_Papierbohrlehre Ambition 17.01.13.pdf
    740.4 KB · Views: 1,291

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
CaptureX.PNG
I also havent figured out a way of printing this out as the template PDF dimensions exceeds a typical A4 format on a printer...It'd be great to have it one two separate sheets and in scale.

If you're on Adobe's print menu page, look for a setting called "Poster" and make sure the scale is 100%; you can set the amount of edge overlap you want.

TS
everest8850

everest8850

cruising along
Skier
Many thanks for that tip! The scale marking seem to match my builders measuring tape too. Now to look for a step by step example of mounting these - no luck so far!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Many thanks for that tip! The scale marking seem to match my builders measuring tape too. Now to look for a step by step example of mounting these - no luck so far!

You'll puzzle it out. There is a not bad video out there for using a Kingpin template - the only difference to yours will be the boot sole length adjustment.

TS
everest8850

everest8850

cruising along
Skier
In the 2nd video - where he does the drilling and mounting - it's interesting to note he doesnt use a screw tap to create the threads in the ski core/wood before screwing in the binding screws....

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
In the 2nd video - where he does the drilling and mounting - it's interesting to note he doesnt use a screw tap to create the threads in the ski core/wood before screwing in the binding screws....

More people probably don't tap then do.

Pretty sure you use the Inline. I've only done one Ambition and it wasn't a demo/rental model.(if they even exists). I used the clear platic template that came with bindings.

I use a caliper and slidewrights centering ruler to get my center points from the metal edges. I don't like using the top sheet.
Then I use a long ruler to connect the points. It's more accurate then using a small ruler.
Then I mark the holes and then double check that they match the binding.
Once confirmed, I use a hole jig to drill each hole.

Happy mounting.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
First up - if anyone is looking for a paper/PDF template for the Tyrolia Ambition touring binding? HEad/Tyrolia sent me one and i thought I'd share it here.

Next: Anyone here has experience mounting a pair of Ambitions using such templates? i ask, because i cant seem to make much sense of the PDF; and confused about the "rental" vs "inline" markings. Anybody got some thoughts on this. I also havent figured out a way of printing this out as the template PDF dimensions exceeds a typical A4 format on a printer...It'd be great to have it one two separate sheets and in scale.
Thank you for posting this.

I had the pleasure of mounting a pair this weekend. Figured if I threw away the plastic template and older bindings last year, I would never need the template. :)

Stupid bindings...

1667237567395.png

1667237549380.png

Sponsor

Staff online