• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrolia Attack 14 GW vs. Salomon STH2 WTR13

skise

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
The downside to all the detailed specs is the difficulty it adds to decision-making. For example, I am an "expert" recreational skiier who is planning to ski on Fischer Ranger Ti 99s this year. After reading reviews and comments listed here and elsewhere, I narrowed my binding choice to the Tyrolia Attack 14 GW and the Salomon STH2 WTR13.

This season I'll likely ski 20 days, mostly in bounds.
Is the increased elasticity and increased heel/toe height of the Salomon binding likely to have a recognizable positive impact on my skiing or do I need to be a true limit-pusher (I'm not) to realize any benefit?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Both will do the job fine.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Both will do the job fine.
This, both are fine and no, you probably won't see a "recognizable positive impact on my skiing" from one or the other.

But...If I can't have Look Pivots, I would prefer the STH2. Toes with upward release, single pivot toe is easier to clean snow out of, screw type forward pressure aduster, more elasticity and I just prefer how the toes look. I think the lower height of the Attack is probably better for your application though.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Does the Salomon single pivot toe have the same return-to-center force as the Tyrolia toe with the individual wings pushing the toe back in a more direct-to-center direction? Looking at it as an engineer, I'd pick the Tyrolia, but is there a real world difference?

Skise, does Grip Walk vs. Walk to Ride capability matter to you? (If I was picking one, I'd get last year's Attack2 13 GW at a about $165.) And, the Attack2 has more color options.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does the Salomon single pivot toe have the same return-to-center force as the Tyrolia toe with the individual wings pushing the toe back in a more direct-to-center direction? Looking at it as an engineer, I'd pick the Tyrolia, but is there a real world difference?
No a single pivot does not, but the Warden does. But also the lateral spring toe ie Attack and Warden do not have the elasticity of a single pivot either.

Sponsor

Staff online