• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame Gear Donation and Curation

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 7.40.34 AM.png
Pugski.com's relationship with the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame is expanding, and we have been asked to help build its timeline of ski gear to display in the Hall of Fame in Ishpeming. While the Hall is deep in antique wooden skis, it is lacking in skis/gear from the past 50 years. With your help, we would like to create a timeline of significant skis/boots/bindings from this era. Any gear that you are willing to either donate or put on loan would be appreciated. Again, we are looking for gear that made an impact for each era.

@Bill Talbot
@Mack
@Joal
@Doug Briggs
@crgildart
@Lowell Watson

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Worthy recipient, good cause. It may take awhile until the current crop of collectors die and their heirs wonder what they are going to do with all this "stuff". I am not nearly ready. You will have to pry my THE SKI and HEXCELS from my cold.............ogsmile

Seriously though, as I have cleaned up a couple of estates I have become keenly aware of my own abundance of stuff. I will keep this in mind.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Worthy recipient, good cause. It may take awhile until the current crop of collectors die and their heirs wonder what they are going to do with all this "stuff". I am not nearly ready. You will have to pry my THE SKI and HEXCELS from my cold.............ogsmile

Seriously though, as I have cleaned up a couple of estates I have become keenly aware of my own abundance of stuff. I will keep this in mind.
Thank you, that is all we ask. If anyone comes across some significant skis from the last 50 years, that would be great. We have some Rossi ROC's, ST's Strato 105's, 4S, Mark IV's. Molnar's, The Ski. Nava bind/boots as examples but nothing after. I would like to see SCXs, Kniessl Ergo, K2 Fours (Ideally Bode's if he still has them), Chubbs, Spatulas, Xscreams ect. I will be sending some bindings like 727, Pivots, MRR, EBM, Reactors, ESS

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I have a couple pairs of early XScreams & an early 1080

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
My Chubbs are gone. Maybe @Jim Kenney still has a pair. I think my old Pre 1200 II with Look HP 99 bindings are sill rusting away up in the rafters of Marcus' garage. The skis might not be significant but maybe the bindings? I also own a pair of wood Northumberland skis, baby blue color with cable bindings currently on loan to Laurel Mountain. I don't know much about those skis as my church's pastor gave them to me when they were cleaning up. Laurel also owns a pair of Head Standards that are not currently on display. They may not part with those because the local story goes that Howard Head tested his skis at Laurel on his own before taking a set to Stowe to be tested there. There is some circumstantial evidence that this story might be true so they might not want to contribute but I would think that the Standards would be an easy find. My teal 4S's are long gone but again an easy find.

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
I have more brown rossignol than I care to count. Original square tip and first gen 105. I also have most of the black head Skis, some unskiable hart professionals, and too much other stuff.

Probably should have a chicken heart in there too, RC4, red sled, some blizzard thermo, maybe we can compile a list of the heavy hitters that they should look for.

Call out what you are sending so we don’t double up.

Think snow!

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
Being newer to the group, I just came across this post. I will tell you that the Vancouver guy has just about every binding you can name, already mounted for display. It would be a One Hit Wonder to get it all at once. I'm happy to make an intro -
Also, I know another serious collector who is moving to his yacht, he will be selling his collection soon -

Bryce

Sponsor