• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

UK Boot Sizing?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Google is failing me in coming up with an answer to some UK boot sizing that I'm seeing in some boot listings. How do you convert the UK boot sizing shown below into mondo sizing?

UK 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, etc.

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Here is the actual conversion from Euro (French) to Mondopoint

Size Conversion Formula.PNG

All shoes should just go to MP anyway. And all screws should be Torx.

:ogbiggrin:

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Here is the actual conversion from Euro (French) to Mondopoint

View attachment 125258
All shoes should just go to MP anyway. And all screws should be Torx.

:ogbiggrin:

ONK - I'm not following how your post converts UK sizing. Thanks for your quick response, but would you please give me an example of how, for example, UK 70 would be converted to mondo?

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
ONK - I'm not following how your post converts UK sizing. Thanks for your quick response, but would you please give me an example of how, for example, UK 70 would be converted to mondo?
I have not seen the kind of UK sizes you are referring to. Are they used for ski boots only?

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
Or maybe they are like regular UK sizes just that the comma is left out? If so just divide by 10 and use a chart for regular UK to Mondo conversion

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Or maybe they are like regular UK sizes just that the comma is left out? If so just divide by 10 and use a chart for regular UK to Mondo conversion

I have the feeling that this is the answer. That for some unknown reason, they show the size as 50, when what they really mean is a UK 5,0.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor

I think that’s 26.5. Nordica Doberman 27.5 says UK 8 on it.

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have the feeling that this is the answer. That for some unknown reason, they show the size as 50, when what they really mean is a UK 5,0.
Du you have a link showing those sizes or are you looking at a physical boot marked with that size?

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

I also found some listings for mondo sizes on the same site and 26.5 is shown as 265. That's definitely the answer. Thread closed.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier

There's no such thing as a uk size 50 or 5,0. It would be size 5 or (5.5 for example) possibly shown as 5 1/2
We do not use commas in numeric statements, except perhaps in old-school use such as 1,000,000
UK sizes are exactly 1 size smaller than the equivalent US size, so US 12 is UK 11.

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bought some boots from Ski Yard which were sized like that 5.5 / 6 / 6.5 etc...

I think I got a 5.5 which is like a 24.5/25 Mondo, but I'm guessin as usual it will vary some from model to model. That was a Dalbello SR 150 , which are bigger shell than usual but tight liner, so you keep the shell as a 25 and put a different liner...

in this table, the correspondence is on the comfort fit, for that particular boot - but that boot shell is half size bigger than it should

found the invoice but I don't remember how I calculated the size I need, I think I asked them :
2013 Dalbello Scorpion SR 150 WC Mens Race Ski Boots Size 5.5 (UK)​

Last edited:

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
Leave it to one nerdy kid to have the math formula. Well played, indeed. For the rest of us who avoid needless math whenever possible:

A UK3 is a 22MP, UK4 23MP, UK5 24MP, and so on. The sole lengths will generally correspond as well. 285bsl is a 24MP or a UK5.

pliny the elder

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Leave it to one nerdy kid to have the math formula. Well played, indeed. For the rest of us who avoid needless math whenever possible:

A UK3 is a 22MP, UK4 23MP, UK5 24MP, and so on. The sole lengths will generally correspond as well. 285bsl is a 24MP or a UK5.

pliny the elder

yah, that was the deciding factor, you're right - the SRs are 293bsl at UK 5.5 - so you have to look at both numbers.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
UK doesn't size footwear in the 30s and 40s. That's Euro sizing. There's very little crossover in skiing but I have seen some Scarpa stuff sized first in Euro.

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
I also found some listings for mondo sizes on the same site and 26.5 is shown as 265. That's definitely the answer. Thread closed.

The mondo sizing makes sense, because 26.5 is in cm, and 265 is in mm. But, UK shoe sizes don’t refer to a specific unit of measure like mondo sizes do, so it doesn’t make sense for 50 to be the same as 5.

But regardless of that, I’m curious to know where you’re seeing ski boots listed with UK shoe sizes rather than mondo. All of the online and physical British shops that I’ve visited list their boots in mondo sizes as standard. Some might list a UK shoe size alongside, but all the ones I’ve seen always have the mondo size.

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
The Nordica/Tecnica race boots are still sold and stamped on the shell in UK sizes and the Dalbello race boots have UK sizing as well.
Nothing else comes to mind except perhaps Strolz, but I could be mistaken.

pliny the elder

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The UK size is basically one size less than the US. For example I am a shoe size 6 in UK sizing and 7 in US. A 24.5 doberman/Atomic/etc plug is a UK 5 and a US 6. And the Dobie (and also the Tecnica R) is stamped with the UK size

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The Nordica/Tecnica race boots are still sold and stamped on the shell in UK sizes and the Dalbello race boots have UK sizing as well.

pliny the elder

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. ;)

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier

pliny the elder

Wow! I just went onto the Nordica UK site, and it’s true. The regular Dobermann is listed in mondo sizes, but the Dobermann WC is in UK shoe sizes.

That makes no sense to me.

Sponsor

Staff online