• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

UK Boot Sizing?

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have not seen the kind of UK sizes you are referring to. Are they used for ski boots only?
No, UK sizes (about 1 number lower than US Men’s) are common in hiking/mountaineering boots in Europe, including in Germany (Meindl, Lowa, etc.)

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
No, UK sizes (about 1 number lower than US Men’s) are common in hiking/mountaineering boots in Europe, including in Germany (Meindl, Lowa, etc.)
I was referring to the sizes 40, 50, 60, 70 :ogcool:

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I was referring to the sizes 40, 50, 60, 70 :ogcool:

Yep, that's what threw me too. It was because their web site didn't support the added decimal between the numbers (as seen in the mondo point sizing too). What was interesting to learn is that there are no UK sizes like 5.0, so I'm not sure why they use the double-digit numbering.

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yep, that's what threw me too. It was because their web site didn't support the added decimal between the numbers (as seen in the mondo point sizing too). What was interesting to learn is that there are no UK sizes like 5.0, so I'm not sure why they use the double-digit numbering.

UK sizes have the same type of numbering system as US sizes (7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, and so on). Some sites list the whole sizes as 7.0, 8.0, and so on, so it makes sense that a sloppy web designer might accidentally format the UK sizes as double-digit numbers by mistake.