• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ulnar

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Nothing to do with snow or ice. Sydney summer. Tumbled down a steep embankment and collided with a park bench.

Cast immobilizing wrist and elbow for at least 6 weeks. That's the trip to Canada and any skiing finished. :(:(

Ulnar1.JPG

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'd recommend rehabbing with a CHT or certified hand therapist. I work in PT and our CHT has helped me with so many hand issues over the years. PT treat hand/wrist and all body part injuries but CHT's are much more specialized in their scope of knowledge. :)

TS
geepers

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'd recommend rehabbing with a CHT or certified hand therapist. I work in PT and our CHT has helped me with so many hand issues over the years. PT treat hand/wrist and all body part injuries but CHT's are much more specialized in their scope of knowledge. :)

Good advice. Thx.

TS
geepers

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Cast removed today - 6 weeks from injury. Still a fair bit of healing required but it's a trade-off between bone strength and joint mobility. Especially the un-injured elbow joint that has been at 90 deg all that time. Currently wrist splint and to start PT.

Doctors saying these types of fractures need around 4 months. At least that's in time for the southern ski season..

Did learn a new word in all of this. Comminuted.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sorry to hear about this.
Yeah work that elbow too.
Years ago after shoulder surgery, I had it in a sling for a long time. Maybe ten weeks. Elbow gave me problems for many years after.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Cast removed today - 6 weeks from injury. Still a fair bit of healing required but it's a trade-off between bone strength and joint mobility. Especially the un-injured elbow joint that has been at 90 deg all that time. Currently wrist splint and to start PT.

Doctors saying these types of fractures need around 4 months. At least that's in time for the southern ski season..

Did learn a new word in all of this. Comminuted.
How's the elbow?

TS
geepers

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
How's the elbow?

Coming along well. Protested being moved for the 1st few days but almost back to normal. Have pins/wire still in it from an olecranon fracture decades ago so it wasn't without some restricted movement before.

Wrist joint main issue. Currently the thought of a solid, blocking pole plant is not appealing. But 12th day from cast removal and wrist gets a little stronger, more flexible each day. Hopefully good to go when it's time to brush the cobwebs off the skis. :beercheer:

Sponsor