• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Understanding Tahoe Travel Restrictions

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
California Tahoe communities need cooperation from Nevada to have truly effective orders.

Yes I was telling my wife that no matter what happens with vacation rentals on the California side people can just pop over the border where the restrictions are different.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
looks that way
You would think Air BnB would be able to update their software to code to restrict reservations for CA properties to state something like "We're sorry, but properties are not available due to Governor Newsom's stay-at-home order"

.....but they like to continue to make money off of each reservation.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You would think Air BnB would be able to update their software to code to restrict reservations for CA properties to state something like "We're sorry, but properties are not available due to Governor Newsom's stay-at-home order"

.....but they like to continue to make money off of each reservation.

We made plans months ago to be in SoCal this week. VRBO sent us notice and a refund as soon as this most recent shelter-in-place order happened. We didn’t have any other choice.

AirBnB could absolutely do the same thing. Truckee city, Placer, and El Dorado county officials implored the company to do so, but to no avail.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
We made plans months ago to be in SoCal this week. VRBO sent us notice and a refund as soon as this most recent shelter-in-place order happened. We didn’t have any other choice.

AirBnB could absolutely do the same thing. Truckee city, Placer, and El Dorado county officials implored the company to do so, but to no avail.
I can see some owners of VRBO or air B&B properties who are desperate for money then contacting the cancelled guests
to redo a private reservation off the books. Illegal, of course but wonder if this is happening ?

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
There is a phone app for CA. It claims to respect privacy -no name, no contact info, no location/movement tracking, no identity of anyone you meet. "Once you activate CA Notify, it does all the work. All you do is keep your Bluetooth on. You will only receive alerts if you were in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19. Your privacy is protected as your identity is not known and your location is not tracked. "

Well that didn't take long.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

jclee

Booting up
Skier
Oh crap. The state just reduced the travel distance from 150 mile to 120 mile:
No more day trip ski outings for us Bay Area folks.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh crap. The state just reduced the travel distance from 150 mile to 120 mile:
No more day trip ski outings for us Bay Area folks.

I was skipping them before this latest directive came out. I have skied twice during the pandemic and felt safer doing so than I have at some grocery stores. But I have family and friends who are first responders and health care workers and they want people to stay home. So golfing it is!

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Great news but inaccurate- the entire SoCal region is still under stay at home orders... not just Los Angeles.

Not sure why you say inaccurate

It's accurately saying Sacramento region no longer has stay at home restrictions any more. Northstar and Squaw also announced lodging at resort re-starting from today.

At the end of article or briefly mentions other areas-
"With the order lifted in the greater Sacramento region, only the Bay Area, Los Angeles and San Joaquin regions remain under the stay-at-home order. The Northern California region isn't under the order and its counties are required to abide by the color-coded tier system."