• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Unexpected passing of Dr. Jeffery Shiffrin

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
:(
Very sad. A time for mourning. When she returns to the circuit, I hope she and the team will go out there and win one for the gipper.

Last edited:

rocdoc

Getting on the lift
Skier
This is really terrible. Really tough for her and the family. Hoping for the best for them. Real fans will get it if she needs to take extensive time off.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Today at the On Snow portion of SIA the news broke and the mood was immediately changed.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Today at the On Snow portion of SIA the news broke and the mood was immediately changed.

Somehow I avoided the news until now, but wow, just so incredibly surprising and depressing for MS and the ski world. I can't even imagine losing my father at such a fairly young age. Positive vibes for MS.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Somehow I avoided the news until now, but wow, just so incredibly surprising and depressing for MS and the ski world. I can't even imagine losing my father at such a fairly young age. Positive vibes for MS.
I'm not sure how you missed it. I heard conversation about it several times throughout the day.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
“In lieu of flowers, please donate to the U.S. Ski Team at donations.usskiandsnowboard.org and the Alzheimer’s Association at alz.org.”

James

Out There
Instructor
Does anyone know what happened? I read head trauma.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does anyone know what happened? I read head trauma.
All I know is that he was shoveling snow from the roof and fell. Not sure what the trauma was.

Sponsor

Staff online