• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Beaver Mountain 1170x538 with shadow.jpg

Beaver Mt. is a mom and pop ski area located near Logan, UT in Utah's Bear River Mountains. Beaver gets plenty of fresh snow 400"+ on average and has a respectable vertical drop ~1600'. Sheltered between two parallel ridges the Beaver Mt. Often has pristine snow conditions that keep well after a storm.

Highlights:
  • Great Beginner terrain. The little beaver section of the ski area is great for beginners and is separated from the rest of the front side which makes for a quiet place to learn. Long green trails also cross connect the two main lifts at the ski area and offer long runs to challenge any beginner skier.
  • Good Blue groomers on the front side off of Harry's Dream. There is no lack of great cruisers on the front side. These are fun trails with a nice consistent pitch and lots of character.
  • Fun advanced off piste skiing in the meadows and trees off the Harry's Dream lift. The front-side of beaver has plenty of 25* meadows and tree shots in between runs. The trees are well spaced and nicely ski-able. When the powder flies the snow stays un-tracked or lightly tracks in these areas for days.
  • Excellent back country access for adventurous skiers. Bring your touring/avy gear and know how to use it. The South East Face of Beaver a.k.a. " The Backside" is some of the best powder skiing and easiest accessed back country you will find. Excellent out of bounds touring opportunity on all aspects from the top of Beaver Mt. This is out of bounds - back country ski at your own risk.
  • Good park. Compared to many Utah areas the park is definitely something they focus on and it is well above average. I like how it's continuous and contained with the ability to run laps.
Who it's not for:
  • hardcore free riders - no true expert terrain
  • foodies - cafeteria food
  • pampered resort skiers - old slow lifts and no lodging on site.
Beaver from afar:
DSCF1401.JPG
Fun groomed runs:
IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG
Fun advanced terrain:
DSCF2009.JPG DSCF1057.JPG DSCF2007.JPG IMG_0136.JPG
The Backside:
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0265.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I still haven't been there :( .
Everyone I've ever met who has, said they had a great time!

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I have family in Logan. I've only been to Beaver twice, but I hope to get back there this season!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I still haven't been there :( .
Everyone I've ever met who has, said they had a great time!
That's it, you need to join "us" this winter. Bryce is a great tour guide there, and has a great friend who manages the shop. (He knows everyone, you know :) We skied those trees and glades Tromano mentioned above for several runs when we were there last season, with a good 10 inches of 1 or 2 day old fluff, and had an absolute blast.
We'll work on a Ski The Beav trip. Most likely on a Sunday.

TS
tromano

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am in for a meet up at beaver.

I added some pictures to my guide as well to give it some more stoke factor.

Last edited:

VinceF

Booting up
Skier
I made the drive up to Logan from SLC a couple of times last year. Ski the Beav! It was a lot of fun there. I would definitely recommend the place.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
The photos aren't working for me ....

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
I haven’t skied Beaver for over 30 years—this guide makes me want to rectify that situation. Thanks.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I lapped the Beaver earlier this season. It was sweet despite lackluster conditions. Now with some snow it’s definitely worth a return trip.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online