• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Agree ^, the Beav is a great little mountain! Racked up heaps of vertical there while living in Logan and attending Utah State University. Lots of options off the backside, depending upon how far out one traverses from the top of the Dream lift. A good ski/snowboard buddy's father use to volunteer on Saturdays to drive his van (the shuttle) from the Logan Canyon road back up to the base facilities at Beaver Mtn. We would crank out lap after lap down the backside while my mate's father would read the newspaper, magazines, etc. awaiting our arrival. The family that owns the ski area (the Seeholzers) do a great job operating it. There's a number of things about Beaver Mountain that I frequently miss, despite being a devoted Cottonwood Canyons' skier/rider for the past 2.5 decades.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Can't wait to hit this place up next year. Our daughter is going to start grad school at Utah State so this will be her home mountain for a couple of years.

TS
tromano

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The kids decided that Beaver is their new fave place to ski and have been asking to go back weekly since our visit. The easy cruisers are to their liking and they can explore the whole area. The kids are used to detachable chairs and at beaver they run the fixed grip lifts fast. But the lift operators and Dad were able to give the little ones a jump assist onto the lifts. Very helpful and much appreciated

Not your average ski area.
DC142137-95BF-4B93-997C-902EA653656F.jpeg
D05811F5-9968-4EF6-AA80-46190AC8B0C1.jpeg

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Looks like the Beav was getting the most snow from today’s storm!

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier
We had a great trip to Beaver Mountain. The snow was soft everywhere. Lot of groomed terrain to suit my abilities. My wife enjoyed the affordable private lessons ($130 for 2 hours).

I took my daughter on the magic carpet and beginner chair a few times. The magic carpet is the best I have seen so far. Many magic carpets have on and off-ramps that are not correctly sloped, making it difficult for people to get on and off. Not at Beaver. The green runs off the beginner chair (Little Beaver) were steep and flat in sections. Beaver Mountain is not ideal for true beginners. The green runs at Park City are better, but then you have to deal with crowds and expensive lessons. The green run off Harry's Dream meanders around the mountain through steep sections and catwalks. It would probably be rated blue at Park City.

I saw the Glenn brothers multiple times showing off their tricks to the people on Harry's Dream lift. There were also in line in front of me, and they were in a good mood, poking fun at others, pushing people out of the line to get them in trouble with the lifties.

There were a lot of people on Saturday. The parking lot was full, and you had to park on the side of the access road. They were organizing rides to the base area from the parking.

Sunday was a lot quieter. I mostly shared the lifts with students from Utah State University on Sunday. They told me that Sunday is less busy because many people are at Church.

An employee at the rental shop told us that this was their busiest weekend as most students are back at the University. So the week after Christmas is not as busy as MLK weekend. The worst lines were about 10 minutes, and the average was < 5 minutes. Overall the slopes didn't feel crowded.

We will probably be back here. Overall it's only an hour farther than other ski areas like Park City but a lot less crowded and more affordable.

beaver face lift.jpg food menu.jpg full mountain.jpg harry's dream.jpg IMG_20200120_110303.jpg inside lodge.jpg trail.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
We will probably be back here. Overall it's only an hour farther than other ski areas like Park City but a lot less crowded and more affordable.

And better stickers!

Sponsor

Staff online