• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Ugh. Based on the F'ing zoo it's been around here this summer and last winter, who knows.

My new mantra for this coming winter is to pray for snow but more importantly PRAY FOR FOGGY DAYS!!!

-Chris
Word. Could not get in the Bulldog tonight it was so crowded with tourists wearing Montana hats and T-shirts.
Fog, cold, a small airport, and limited hotel beds are the only things keeping Vail Resorts away.

TS
Sibhusky

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Meanwhile, this summer, pre-airport expansion, and Glacier is over run.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I don't think there's limited hotel beds anymore. Hell, half my "neighborhood" is now AirBnb.
Several votes are coming up to let areas and developments allow short-term rentals. I believe one is the Alta Views development near Don K on JP Road.

Anyway, FCA expansion is what I think will be the final enabler for Vail Resorts to buy WMR.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Current and future tourism is going to be dictated by managing for enough employees. Service workers were living in Columbia Falls/Kalispell, but Im not sure thats viable anymore?

chris_the_wrench

Skier
Yesterday we packed some cold beverages and headed up the lift for happy hour. Big lines for the lift. No news there!

But, first time that I saw, they broke ground/framing on the chair 8 lift shack. Wow, I knew there wasnt a ton of real estate for a flat location there but it REALLY cuts into the run heading down towards big ravine area. Could be interesting with folks hauling ass down and people popping off chair 8 and trying to hit the edge of ptarmigan or toni matt.

chris_the_wrench

Skier
TS
Sibhusky

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Oh, thrills, they are expecting this season (21-22) to set a new visitation record. Which surprises me, really, because last year was a total %*$_show. This year didn't seem that way to me. On the other hand, I didn't ski there as much as we went to Austria, which was way more crowded than I am used to and made me long for home the entire time I was there. (I won't do that again.)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We’re already planning to ski Whitefish next winter. With a dear friend living there offering a place to stay, how can we not?!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January