• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

UP Michigan/Minnesota/Northern Wisconsin late September

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Howdy all,

We are sketching out some travel for later this summer/early fall and thought I'd ask some of y'all helpful folks for some tips. We are traveling from Montana out to Michigan(Frankfort) in mid-september. We will be cruising in our sprinter rv and camping. Im planning on bringing my gravel bike since it's very versatile(I ride single track on it here in MT), also packing our inflatable kayaks, and way too much fishing gear.

Question: We are going to Mackinac Island for sure and then heading down to Door County Wisc via the UP. We have about 7-10 days between the two places. Looking for suggestions on places to visit/camp. IDEALLY state/natl/county parks, located on water, decent riding and flatwater paddling from the campground. I'd really like to chase some walleye. I've been through this area several times, but never had this much time to enjoy it and I'm VERY EXCITED. We enjoyed picture rocks, the coast north of Duluth, and a sampling of some of the other 'coastal' areas last time we were there. I could repeat the same rough route and be perfectly happy.

Ideas/thoughts? We also like good seafood, but we usually like the places where the food comes on a paper plate from a walk up counter vs linen table cloths.

Thanks again

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Just work you way up the west shore from Frankfort.
Keewenaw Peninsula is a must.
Empire, Traverse City, Petoskey Marquette and the Keewenaw all have great trails.
Fish the Two Hearted River
Feed the bugs and the bears in da UP.
MI Parks

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
chris_the_wrench

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
U.P. https://www.uptravel.com/attractions-2/waterfalls-of-the-u-p/

In Door County,
Door Bluff Headlands County Park
Cave Point County Park

If you get close to Appleton, WI. Message me, I'll buy you a beer.

Do you know if copper peak is hosting any of the summer ski jumping they mentioned on their website?

Thanks for the tips
-Chris

Sponsor

Staff online