• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Midwest Upper Midwest 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelliefj40

Putting on skis
Skier
We've bought indy passes this year and are looking forward to hitting some new places this year. Trips planned to lutsen/spirit and granite peak/big powderhorn.

Long drives from central iowa unfortunately!

MN_Drew

Putting on skis
Skier
Most of the hills around the Twin Cities area have their mobile guns out in position. Had our first frost here in Minneapolis this morning. Bit of a warm streak coming up but it won't be too long.

MN_Drew

Putting on skis
Skier
Most of the ski areas in Minnesota should have seen their first light snow of the year today. Lutsen, Giants Ridge, and potentially Spirit stand a good chance of getting their first notable snowfalls of the year this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Wild or Troll turn their guns on overnight in the next week. Looking at the weather and knowing how they both really push to open early, it's possible they could push to have a rope tow open next weekend.

We're getting there!

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Fingers crossed for a good ski season and cold, snowy weather in the Midwest. Last year had its highs and lows. Tons of snow way up north but several of the biggest snowstorms were rain makers in IL thru much of WI.

Hopefully the Alberta Clippers come back this year like we had a bunch the year before that. Get that NW wind flowing.

Still about 60 days out, can't wait.

afski722

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm a bit bi-polar with things in October, especially this year:

One one hand, the summer-side of me is feeling super bummed-out, more than usual this year, as the weather has gotten cooler, the daylight gotten a lot shorter in the evening and my days of mountain biking, road biking, golf, wearing shorts, BBQ'ing and hanging out on the deck in the evenings, and getting outdoor projects are all but about done. This year it was such a relieve, more than ever to have all this and feel normal.

One the other hand, the winter / skiing side of me is feeling super-pumped, and nostalgic for skiing. The sight of my home hill, Nub's Nob mowing the slopes, getting the snow guns out on the hill, and having my season pass in-hand is getting me excited for winter. These days its the small bits of normalcy when everything is so jacked-up.

I am so ready to just get back out on the hill, get on skis, get in the zone, and when I'm skiing its feels like it did in 1989, 1994, 2000, 2005, 2010, 2014, and Feb 2020 and all the same.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Most of the ski areas in Minnesota should have seen their first light snow of the year today. Lutsen, Giants Ridge, and potentially Spirit stand a good chance of getting their first notable snowfalls of the year this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Wild or Troll turn their guns on overnight in the next week. Looking at the weather and knowing how they both really push to open early, it's possible they could push to have a rope tow open next weekend.

We're getting there!
You win.

1603117796491.png

James

Out There
Instructor
I guess a rope tow is naturally social distanced.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Minneapolis area, cousins deck.

1603283669561.png

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
We've bought indy passes this year and are looking forward to hitting some new places this year. Trips planned to lutsen/spirit and granite peak/big powderhorn.

Long drives from central iowa unfortunately!

We have basically the exact same plan. Throw in day trips for us to Powder Ridge, Buck Hill and Trollhaugen. Then we'll do some night skiing at Wild Mountain and Welch Villiage.

I need more variety than just skiing the same 300' hill all year. Looking forward to this season, although we'll be driving more and likely will get in about 5 days total less than our usual 25.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
I need one more resort to justify it since only going to Big Powderhorn and could try Tyrol Basin. Not going to ski Little Switz and doubt I get to Granite Peak after going last few years. I'm at the point if going there I'd rather go extra 2 hours north to UP.

So Chestnut or Cascade or Porkies or Devil's Head make me a happy man and join the Indy Pass. C'mon, everyone's doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online