• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Using the spoiler alert feature

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We've had requests that the Spoiler alert feature be used when discussion actual results of races, at least for the first day, so that others have a chance to watch the race before seeing the results.

To use this feature
Click on the Quote Box (next to the media box). Click on "Spoiler"
Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 6.38.41 AM.png

Once you're there, you'll be prompted to make a title. Whatever you pick as a title will be seen outside of the spoiler quote box, so please don't post results in the title.
Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 6.41.01 AM.png

The results can be highlighted before starting this process which will make them visible only while the spoiler is opened, or you can post the results between the brackets as seen in red. *see results below
Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 6.44.42 AM.png

When someone wants to see the results all they have to do is click on the box.
Post actual results between the brackets.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When I tried that it did not work

Hmmmm, I'm not sure what you're doing.
Another screen shot.
The content of your spoiler information that you want hidden needs to be pasted between these brackets.
Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 9.05.13 AM.png

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I love getting results and commentary. Whenever. Don't care about spoilers. Might seek out the competition based on the spoiler. Please post! If the spoiler feature makes you more comfortable, great. This is, for some of us, our exposure to ski racing. Give all your insight to us.

Thanks,
Eric

I was going to try and use the spoiler feature for this but I am a consumer of the results, not a poster of them.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here are my personal thoughts.
Spoiler alerts should probably be used when we're in "real time" but if the person hasn't seen the race within 12 hrs, there should be zero expectation of results not being spoiled.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Level 1! Click again
Level 2! I could create some serious suspense with this feature!

Reactions: mdf

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I wish NBC sports had a spoiler alert. All you have to do is open up the app, and it announces results in the titles of the clips.:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
This thread needs to be ‘sticky’ed’

nothing to see here...

Sponsor

Staff online