• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uvex/SkiTalk.com Partnership

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
On a wet storm day back in December I was super impressed with the warmth of the helmet and was even more impressed with the fact that my goggles never fogged up with all the moisture.
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 5.58.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 5.59.38 PM.png

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So is it oooo-vex, you-vex or UV-Ex? Serious question. Seen their stuff for years but have never heard anyone ever say the name!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm, such a compelling question, Scott. FWIW the interweb likes ooo-vex and yew-vex. Dealer's choice.

They look great, but I'm SO well-stocked with goggles and lenses......

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So is it oooo-vex, you-vex or UV-Ex? Serious question. Seen their stuff for years but have never heard anyone ever say the name!
G-oooo-d question. it is Oooo-vex. We just learned it too.

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier
I always liked Uvex products (both helmets and goggles), but one area where they are, IMO, far behind the competition is their website and product names.

Uvex Downhill 2100 VPX, Uvex Downhill 2100 CV, Uvex Downhill 2100 V, Uvex Downhill 2100 ABC, Uvex Downhill 2100 XYZ, etc. Without having prior experience with their goggles, it is impossible to figure out what these abbreviations mean. Ideally, there should be one webpage for one frame (e.g. Uvex Downhill 2100), and then this webpage should list all available lenses and explain the differences between them. Just my two cents.

P.S. Also, in the ideal world, replacement lenses should be available on the official website.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 18.07.44.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I always liked Uvex products (both helmets and goggles), but one area where they are, IMO, far behind the competition is their website and product names.

Uvex Downhill 2100 VPX, Uvex Downhill 2100 CV, Uvex Downhill 2100 V, Uvex Downhill 2100 ABC, Uvex Downhill 2100 XYZ, etc. Without having prior experience with their goggles, it is impossible to figure out what these abbreviations mean. Ideally, there should be one webpage for one frame (e.g. Uvex Downhill 2100), and then this webpage should list all available lenses and explain the differences between them. Just my two cents.

P.S. Also, in the ideal world, replacement lenses should be available on the official website.

View attachment 222070
Yes and they will work on getting the ratings of the lenses on the site too.

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yes and they will work on getting the ratings of the lenses on the site too.
One other thing that is missing is the kids' section of the website. I'm pretty sure Uvex makes stuff for kids, but it's impossible to find it. Many of the competitors have dedicated sections on their websites with at least 5 different models (and different colorways for each model) of helmets and goggles for kids, and Uvex is missing on this (big) segment.

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier
By the way, here are some of the Uvex kids' helmets available in Europe. Yes, consumer tastes may be different in the US than in Europe, but I'm still pretty sure there are a lot of little kids who would want these helmets. If these (or similar) had been easily available at the time when we bought helmets for our kids, we would have never looked at another brand. That's 3 helmets that Uvex failed to sell in one family alone.

1701030144-uvex-viti-set-blue-birdy.jpeg skihelm_uvex_viti_bluebear.jpg skihelm_uvex_viti_turquoiserabbit.jpg

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Even without the animals, those kids helmets colors are so good.

For their adult goggles, I like the conservative look (remind me of the old Giro Onsets I wear). I'd want to know the the size and VLT before buying. Reliable Racing has a little VLT info for a couple adult goggles.

Christian E.

Fischer/Uvex Sports
Skier
Manufacturer
SkiTalk Sponsor
Hello SkiTalk Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am Christian Eaton, the Brand Manager for Uvex, and I am thrilled to express our sincere gratitude for the exciting partnership with SkiTalk. We are truly honored to collaborate with a community that shares our passion for skiing and outdoor adventures.

At Uvex, we are committed to providing top-notch quality products that enhance your skiing experience, and we believe that our partnership with SkiTalk will further strengthen our connection with the skiing community.

I want to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to each member of SkiTalk. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we are here to listen and address any questions or concerns you may have. Our goal is to continuously improve and tailor our products to meet the needs of avid skiers like you.

Feel free to reach out to me directly or post your questions here. Whether it's about our products, upcoming releases, or anything else related to Uvex, I am here to assist you.

Once again, thank you for welcoming us into the SkiTalk community. We look forward to an exciting journey together.

Best regards,

Christian

Christian E.

Fischer/Uvex Sports
Skier
Manufacturer
SkiTalk Sponsor
Thank you to all who have already given some valuable feedback regarding model requests, website improvements and pronunciations. Allow me to address these briefly:

1. "Ooo-VEX" or "You-Vex" is fine with us. Our German friends call it "Ooo-Vex" and I personally call it "You-vex". As Tom K. said, "Dealer's choice"

2. Reworking the website to reflect goggles based on frame style underscored by lens options is valuable feedback. We will discuss with the team and make any adjustments this Spring. Thank you for this feedback as we want our website to be clear and easy to search.

3. Our German friends at Uvex make incredible optics and head protection but are known to keep things a bit...sterile when it comes to product naming. Our content team will put out a blog post explaining goggle names soon. Here is a blog post that explains our abbreviations in sunglasses and applies to goggles: What's in a Name

Thank you and keep the feedback coming!

-Christian

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Interested in roomier - or more oval for a given circumference- race helmets; UVEX have a shape that is just not long enough front to back and not quite low enough behind the ears. Read; headache from forehead pressure and a back of head coverage gap.

The goggles are fine given fit; I've been wearing UVEX safety glasses for almost 30 years now.

Last edited:

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does anyone here have a good handle on current US ski/snowboard goggle share by brand? My guess is Oakley and Smith followed by the rest. If I'm clueless on this, please clue me in.