• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Volkl Piston Motion Plate

Paul Frede

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
I need a Volkl Piston Motion Plate. I need the 4 bolts to attach it to the skis too. No bindings needed. Hopefully someone out there has one on an old ski they don’t need anymore. Thank you!

Attachments

• F58C4D8E-7A68-4BA3-80C8-7B2FD0E9FA0D.jpeg
    F58C4D8E-7A68-4BA3-80C8-7B2FD0E9FA0D.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 35

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
You guys know that's a system plate, not a race plate, right?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Perfect, just making sure no on his sending him a Piston Race Plate.

TS
Paul Frede

Paul Frede

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
Thanks for the replies guys. It’s going on this old 5 star. I’m hoping the new XComp binding will mount with no issues.

Attachments

• E14E1B72-D792-4D04-AA0F-42FF989238A7.jpeg
    E14E1B72-D792-4D04-AA0F-42FF989238A7.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 18

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Whoops! sorry paul, bum steer. @Erik Timmerman I stand corrected. The one I have is NOT the one for motion rails, it is the separate EPS one with the binding integral but it screws direct to the ski (and not the race piston plate either) .

And yes, i understand the new Xcomp has the same mounting pattern as the old Comp/EPS binding. Must admit i have not actually seen the Xcomp in the wild yet

TS
Paul Frede

Paul Frede

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
Skis showed up today. The search for a plate continues. 4036FADA-2CB6-47A5-9DB8-811DD42D7451.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Skis showed up today. The search for a plate continues. View attachment 110570
Can you pull those rails off and put on a hard mount binding...or with a real race plate? I respect wasting your time and energy trying to bring a 15 year old ski back to live..and that you might ski once then think? "I wasted all that time and a morning of skiing to ski a vastly mediocre ski by todays standards. ;)"

@Andy Mink do you or Jeff have a Motion binding on a pair of skis that you want to get rid of?

TS
Paul Frede

Paul Frede

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
No the rails are molded into the core. This is my favorite ski of all time so it’s a fun project for me. It’s summer and I work at a ski shop I have nothing but time and energy. I’ll ski them and then bust out my Volkl Deacon 74 for comparison.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you pull those rails off and put on a hard mount binding...or with a real race plate? I respect wasting your time and energy trying to bring a 15 year old ski back to live..and that you might ski once then think? "I wasted all that time and a morning of skiing to ski a vastly mediocre ski by todays standards. ;)"

@Andy Mink do you or Jeff have a Motion binding on a pair of skis that you want to get rid of?
Is that what is in my turn of the century Volkls?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
No the rails are molded into the core. This is my favorite ski of all time so it’s a fun project for me. It’s summer and I work at a ski shop I have nothing but time and energy. I’ll ski them and then bust out my Völkl Deacon 74 for comparison.
I do think @Andy Mink has some on some skis he shouldn't be skiing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
5 extra points for being GripWalk compatible.

TS
Paul Frede

Paul Frede

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
Skis as awesome as I remember.

Attachments

• 5 star.jpg
    5 star.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 8