• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Van Deer/Red Bull and WC Racing

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you never seen someone walking down the street in a Red Sox sweatshirt? Have you never seen a cyclist wearing a Team Sky jersey? People want to be associated with their heros.

Sky jerseys are getting rare but Bora, Jumbo etc-a lot.
One of the coolest colourways of Trek is the red/blue with the yellow Segafredo sign.
I mentioned above Mapei-this is still one of the coolest paint schemes for Colnago steel bikes.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The bold -really??
Yes... one of those flags existed before the other, and yet the other still chose to be almost identical. That's "intentionally not unique". It doesn't mean there are no differences, just that they don't meet the same standards companies have when choosing branding.

Companies do a lot of research, and try to be unique. And then most countries have laws to enforce that for the companies.

The fact that flags are not very unique does not mean brands are in a similar boat/situation. (Though I'm sure there are probably some exceptions out there somewhere, and I know there have been lawsuits when companies clash over similarity.)

Last edited:

Petrus

Putting on skis
Skier
If you look closely, they are not the same boots. There is a metal forward lean/flex adjuster on the back of the cuff on the Van Deer boot, which Lange boots don’t have. The toe dam on the Van Deer boot is different, as is the cuff aliment adjuster. As I said above, the Rossignol group has decided not to supply him with boots this season. https://www.oe24.at/sport/winterspo...ristoffersen-bangt-um-sein-material/573586761

Not sure if there was a picture already posted, but I found this one.
This is HK

1701158961699.png

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not shocking to see Gorsuch stocking them - not exactly a place where you shop for bargains. :rolleyes:

Still: good to see them stateside.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What does the number series on the VDRBs signify?
"67-12-8-7-2"

Marcel Hirscher's accomplishments:

67 World Cup victories
12 World Cup seasons
8 World Cup Overall titles
7 World Championship titles
2 Olympic gold medals

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

smctigue

Getting on the lift
Skier
The first race I saw HK on his I assumed he had a falling out with Rossi and blacked out his top sheets :).

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January