• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Verdict in LeMaster Killing

Flatland Steve

Booting up
Skier
As to putting someone in jail for unintentional manslaughter, criminal negligence, that depends. He may have well learned his lesson, or he could be a psychopath.
Based on the excerpt from the report earlier in the thread, I think if the prosecutor were inclined, strongarm robbery might be in play based on the kid grabbing the cell phone and trying to run off.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The results of the Slide With Respect survey will be released in February. As you may expect, I will be post here. Stay tuned.

Ron’s death was my call to action.
The thread about the opening day at Killington has made me think back on ski collisions that we've discussed, such as this one where it took the life of a friend to many of us on the site.
How fast do they think he was going at the time of collision?
Marty, do you have a current link to the results of Slid With Respect?

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
And if he was going fast, if it is true that the collision happened on Windmill, that is a run marked "easiest way down." And IMHO it is a good level up from the lower mountain blues in the beginner area. So expect it to have some less experienced skiers who aren't as comfortable on the terrain (as well as very experienced skiers who might be doing drills) and keep it mellow. But it doesn't help any that Windmill is also one of the more direct ways down to the terrain park at the base.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
The thread about the opening day at Killington has made me think back on ski collisions that we've discussed, such as this one where it took the life of a friend to many of us on the site.
Marty, do you have a current link to the results of Slid With Respect?

No link. However I do have a PDF, and the linked article in the Colorado Sun. I will try to attach a PDF of a top-line of the data. Not sure if your platform will allow a PDF attachment. Email me if you'd like a copy.

Attachments

• Slide with Respect - Research Findings.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 16

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for sharing that PDF. Its quite interesting. I may print it out and make some of my own notes on it.