• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Vermont Travel Restrictions

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Last story i heard was about our friends' family camp on a small pond in the Kingdom. The ranger had been spying on them from a canoe when he reeled in a fish on a kid's snoopy pole after it had been sitting there for 30 minutes while they had dinner at the table.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^ You must referencing Game Wardens. They have full police authority and then some. That's the kinda stuff they do.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
VT Game Wardens are to be taken seriously. I've heard of a father that was helping his small son play at fishing. No bait, just a toy rod. He got a $250 fine.

As to checking compliance with the quarantine rules, it's mostly an honor system. Sign a form at a lodging facility, etc. I understand they do have people that will question out of staters at popular stops, but don't require proof of a test or quarantine. Lots of out of state plates in the Killington lot this weekend.

Average Joe

Out on the slopes
Skier
Info from the Gov is that State inspectors (plainclothes?) will be checking restaurants to insure compliance.
Sounds like compliance to protect ones liquor license is the easiet to enforce.

Pdub

best day ever
Skier
Now this. I hope they update it for healthcare workers and others who have been vaccinated. My hospital is supposedly vaccinating employees by early January.

Dear Ikon Pass Holder,

Please be aware that due to recent State of Vermont regulations, action is required to access Ikon Pass destinations in Vermont for the 20/21 season. The State of Vermont is requiring that Ikon Pass holders attest to compliance with all current travel guidelines before they ski or snowboard in Vermont this winter.

In order to ski or snowboard at Sugarbush or Stratton, please complete your Season Pass Attestation using the link below. The activation of your pass at Sugarbush or Stratton may take up to 48 hours from completion of the form:

VERMONT TRAVEL AND QUARANTINE POLICY
ATTESTATION OF COMPLIANCE

STRATTON AND SUGARBUSH RESORTS

1. I certify that I have read, understand, and will fully comply with the State of Vermont’s travel and quarantine policies in effect during my visit(s), which are available online at https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/travel-quarantine. These policies presently include, without limitation, that: All guests traveling or returning to Vermont must quarantine.

2. I understand that failure to comply with the requirements specified above may result in the loss of skiing and riding privileges.

3. I certify that all persons in my care who are under the age of 18 or who are dependent on my care meet the requirements specified above.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Now this. I hope they update it for healthcare workers and others who have been vaccinated. My hospital is supposedly vaccinating employees by early January.

You will be one of the lucky ones - cheers!

For the rest of us, we won't likely be as fortunate.

I'm not planning on having vaccine availability until June at the earliest. Will I be pleased if I can get it earlier? Sure! But it'll be a while before most on these forums will be in an eligible group for vaccination. C'est la vie.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor

Look at the comments. People encouraging others to cheat on the guidelines, and others saying they will never again ski VT.

jmsjms

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Are there daily city buses that run from Burlington to Stowe and back? I am seeing that the flights to Burlington are surprisingly cheap, but I assume that the lodging there would be above my economic class.
And I see that Smuggler's Notch ski resort is right on that road too. So, if there is a city bus, does it stop there daily too?

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Are there daily city buses that run from Burlington to Stowe and back? I am seeing that the flights to Burlington are surprisingly cheap, but I assume that the lodging there would be above my economic class.

Remember that Vermont has strict quarantine rules that are becoming increasingly strict. So plan accordingly. The airlines are trying to boost passenger numbers as travel volume is down, so while the fares are cheap it’s not necessarily the time to consider a trip just yet.

Just my $0.02, but if there’s any year to stay local this is it.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Well, Massachusetts (my home) has removed Vermont from the "lower risk state" list -- i.e., 14 day quarantine required upon returning from a Vermont trip, or a trip anywhere else for that matter. $500 / day fine for violating the policy; I guess if new case(s) are tracked back to you you could be in big trouble if you've been shown to be in non-compliance.

It's looking like Berkshires or "not at all" for my ski season this year. I'll be pretty busy moving through January, so maybe by the time I get a free weekend the insanity will have subsided a bit. Also maybe I'll win the lottery... probably better odds on the latter.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
And I see that Smuggler's Notch ski resort is right on that road too. So, if there is a city bus, does it stop there daily too?

+1 to @Rudi Riet 's comments, but lodging in Stowe isn't really that out of line compared to Burlington. There are stupid expensive places, but there are budget options as well.

Smuggler's Notch is a short hop away from Stowe -- in the summer. The road between them is closed in the winter. If you're in Stowe, Smugg's is about an hour away. If you're in Burlington, both Stowe and Smuggs are about an hour away.

jmsjms

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I see: "The Health Department strongly advises against non-essential travel, even within Vermont. All travel to and from Vermont requires quarantine."

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I see: "The Health Department strongly advises against non-essential travel, even within Vermont. All travel to and from Vermont requires quarantine."

just quarantine for 2 weeks (or 7 days + a test) in a Burlington hotel after you fly in. There are several food delivery services that deliver to Burlington hotels during your quarantine. Or quarantine in FL, then fly a private jet to Stowe-Morrisville airport (no additional quarantine needed if you fly private). Then your good to go for skiing. There is a van service that can get you to and from the resorts back to Burlington If you chose to fly regular instead of private.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ I'm smirking a little but also realize that to some, flying private doesn't even require a second thought.

Sponsor

Staff online