• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Visiting Sun Valley

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
Most likely a result of her age and the run she was on. My kids get the hand gestures to slow down way more often than I do at the same speeds. My son was stopped early this season. I wasn't there, so I can only relay his account of it. I don't doubt it was warranted. Unfortunately, it didn't sound like a polite conversation from the adult (guest services not patroller). It was a good opportunity for a parent discussion about respect as well as skiers etiquette.

There are various runs marked "family area" that you need to watch your speed on, but for the most part, if you are skiing in control and keeping your distance from other skiers, you are good. If speed is your thing, you can definitely find it in SV.

My daughter was on Seattle Ridge, most likely on Christin’s Sliver. I was with her on top, while she waited until other skiers were off the run and skied the left fall-line. I caught up with her at the May Day Chair, while she talked to the patrol. Afterwards, she ended up skiing Limelight for the day.

That said, Seattle Ridge is a family area, but as my daughter commented, no one was in the run and she was on the edge of the run. The patrollers comments were more likely due to her age. Although, they thought her comments regarding slalom skis was hilarious.

Sponsor

Staff online