• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vist Bindings Off Piste?

Cantankerous

Booting up
Skier
Hello; All;

Question about the Vist binding: I understand that they will improve carving/piste performance--but is it safe to say that they will make off-piste/moguls more challenging overall? I've been thinking about a pair of 2022 Whiteouts--and the Vist binding seems to make a nice package. I'll be using the Whiteouts primarily on groomer days here in DV--but if I like it as much as the PUG ski cognoscenti do--I'll probably want to take it around the hill--and show it the sites. For that purpose would a Pivot 15 be better than a Vist for all mountain? Are there Vist bindings with lighter plates that improve performance across the mountain--or is it primarily a piste tool? Thank you.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's not bad off piste, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
Question about the Vist binding: I understand that they will improve carving/piste performance--but is it safe to say that they will make off-piste/moguls more challenging overall? I've been thinking about a pair of 2022 Whiteouts--and the Vist binding seems to make a nice package. I'll be using the Whiteouts primarily on groomer days here in DV--but if I like it as much as the PUG ski cognoscenti do--I'll probably want to take it around the hill--and show it the sites. For that purpose would a Pivot 15 be better than a Vist for all mountain? Are there Vist bindings with lighter plates that improve performance across the mountain--or is it primarily a piste tool? Thank you.

As Phil said, the VIST Speedlock system will make the ski really rock on groomed snow, but really won't impact performance off piste, especially if you choose the Speedlock Pro Superlight plate. The added performance on piste comes from the additional height. As 6 of the 8 screws holding the plate on the ski are designed to allow the plate to flex so it doesn't really impact the stiffness of the ski all that much.

Cheers!
Mike

Sponsor

Staff online