• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

VR Winter Operating Plan

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
We are still planning on a week in Banff in April.
I was thinking of mid to late April in Banff as well, if I don't go to the US, but like you say, Alberta has not had a good record of dealing with Covid, so I might play it safe as an old guy and stay put for another winter.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I was thinking of mid to late April in Banff as well, if I don't go to the US, but like you say, Alberta has not had a good record of dealing with Covid, so I might play it safe as an old guy and stay put for another winter.
I think that by April Alberta will have their sh%&@t together so to speak. The steps they are taking now (which one could argue they should have taken months ago) are going to have a positive impact, plus vaccinations are on the rise. They may even implement vaccine passport requirements at ski resorts like they are rolling out at restaurants and movie theaters.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
That's what I had thought, but I believe all a restaurant/bar could see is a receipt, with no way of authenticating anything. If it could be that simple I'd be a very happy bunny

Doubt they are going to go out of their way to make life incredibly difficult for tourists. We'll be in the same boat as Aussies in Canada, just further into BC. Not sweating this one much - if it ends up needing a passport will laminate the damn thing. Or some such.

Bigger issue is travel insurance covering covid. Nothing available here atm. What's the situation like from the UK?

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Doubt they are going to go out of their way to make life incredibly difficult for tourists. We'll be in the same boat as Aussies in Canada, just further into BC. Not sweating this one much - if it ends up needing a passport will laminate the damn thing. Or some such.

Bigger issue is travel insurance covering covid. Nothing available here atm. What's the situation like from the UK?
Virtually all travel insurance in the UK now includes COVID cover. Also, ABTA cover for package holidays includes COVID. Finally, airlines pretty much have to refund ticket costs for Covid no-fly. Travel insurance in the UK, as well as the general travel sector, is second only to finance for regulation in the UK

Sponsor